Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-19-2017, 08:57 PM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
1) You have a broken substrate.

2) Your device is out of warranty.

3) The $20 offer is quite generous.

4) Choose a new ebook reader.

5) Good luck.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:46 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I have twice gotten a discount and free shipping from a company because 1 I owned several of their products and 2 because I was very nice to the customer service. 2 different companies.
The second one I hadn't even paid retail for one product but it came without a necessary part. I got the part for a discount. Yes, I told them the truth.
I may be annoyed or upset, but when I call customer service/tech support but I don't see any reason to take it out on the person on the phone. Being nice has more chance of the person willing to go that extra bit for you if that's possible.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #18
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
You would be amazed at how many companies make the critical mistake of keeping the power to actually do something for a customer, away from the front lines and out of the hands of customer service reps.

But there areas many companies who don't, who understand that if the person talking to the customer has the power to on the spot make decisions and act on them, the customer gets help quickly and effortlessly, which is what we as customers want.

And since I don't know which type of company I have called for support... yes, I am going to be nice to the person on the phone. Just in case they actually do have the ability to take full owner ship of my issue and provide a complete solution without delays or hassle.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #19
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
You would be amazed at how many companies make the critical mistake of keeping the power to actually do something for a customer, away from the front lines and out of the hands of customer service reps.

But there areas many companies who don't, who understand that if the person talking to the customer has the power to on the spot make decisions and act on them, the customer gets help quickly and effortlessly, which is what we as customers want.

And since I don't know which type of company I have called for support... yes, I am going to be nice to the person on the phone. Just in case they actually do have the ability to take full owner ship of my issue and provide a complete solution without delays or hassle.
The last company I dealt with put me on hold to get permission for free shipping. Yes, it was granted. Nice to first person helped. Oh and not only did I get the part I needed free, they threw in an extra accessory.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #20
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
... not only did I get the part I needed free, they threw in an extra accessory.
I hope the "extra accessory" was a strapping young man to come and install it for you.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #21
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The last company I dealt with put me on hold to get permission for free shipping.
Great example of doing it wrong. Why isn't the phone agent trusted to make that call themselves, instead of having to put you on hold so they could go ask for permission?

No point having someone talk directly to the customer if you're going to make them turn around and ask for permission before they actually can do anything for customers.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Great example of doing it wrong. Why isn't the phone agent trusted to make that call themselves, instead of having to put you on hold so they could go ask for permission?

No point having someone talk directly to the customer if you're going to make them turn around and ask for permission before they actually can do anything for customers.
It was an under $20 purchase. I figure that was more to get the code for the discount.

In a different business, I have seen too many customers try to con the newest employee into giving them a discount. I think it is either 6 months or a year before the employee can make that decision and on major discounts all employees have to get management approval. That is to prevent giving friends and family super deals. Matter of fact, it doesn't matter which store but employees and their families have to go through management for the discounts they are entitled too.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #23
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Yes! And I don't think they're costing it at all accurately. Sometimes when I'm engaged in prolonged explanations and negotiations with CS, including being put on hold so they can confer, I think to myself, "How much are they paying this person?" My guess is that it would be cheaper in the long run if CS could just fix it upfront and quickly and it would certainly result in a happier customer.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:40 PM   #24
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yes! And I don't think they're costing it at all accurately. Sometimes when I'm engaged in prolonged explanations and negotiations with CS, including being put on hold so they can confer, I think to myself, "How much are they paying this person?" My guess is that it would be cheaper in the long run if CS could just fix it upfront and quickly and it would certainly result in a happier customer.
It is, and it does. That's why smart companies do it. And why they pay their customer service employees well, and refrain from treating them like disposable units.

But that also works in reverse. The moment the cost of keeping you happy exceeds the profit we've made on your purchases, we start to remind each other that there's no need to go overboard with generosity just because the customer's upset...
Old 03-20-2017, 08:18 PM   #25
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
I hope that folks read this thread enough so they can comprehend that the title is misleading and unfair.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:35 PM   #26
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
I hope that folks read this thread enough so they can comprehend that the title is misleading and unfair.
I've reported this thread and asked if we could have the title changed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:29 AM   #27
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
What was the original title?

I'm seeing "HORRIBLE Customer service and problems with Aura", which seems accurate (after reading the first post).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:44 AM   #28
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
What was the original title?

I'm seeing "HORRIBLE Customer service and problems with Aura", which seems accurate (after reading the first post).
The user broke their screen on a two year old device, and then called an offer of a $20 discount on a new device 'horrible customer service'. The title is extremely misleading.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:53 AM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've also reported this thread because the topic is misleading and wrong.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:43 AM   #30
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
The user broke their screen on a two year old device, and then called an offer of a $20 discount on a new device 'horrible customer service'. The title is extremely misleading.
Nope.

He had to wait 20 minutes to speak to someone the first time.
Than had to wait a couple of days for someone to reply by email.
Than attempted to contact them by email: no response after 4 days.
Contacted them again and had to wait 20 minutes.

Sounds like rather poor customer service to me.

The OP expectations may be unrealistic to some, but that doesn't justify poor customer service.

IMO.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote