Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 01:58 PM   #61
aa177684
aa177684 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thank you very much, my Kobo works well now.
The problem came from the original SD card. After replacement and copy of the dump, no more problems.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:28 AM   #62
dyckie
dyckie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Well it appears that my Aura is well and truly bricked.

Could someone pls PM me SD card image? Will this work even if the device won't charge?
Advert
Old 08-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #63
dyckie

hmm, I see that Aura internal card is fixed, so apparently this will not work?

any suggestions for a bricked Aura? have tried factory resets, etc.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:44 AM   #64
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyckie View Post
hmm, I see that Aura internal card is fixed, so apparently this will not work?

any suggestions for a bricked Aura? have tried factory resets, etc.
Given that you say it won't charge, you could try replacing the battery or at least disconnect it for a while and reconnect. (I have even heard of some who have restored a confused battery by leaving it in the freezer overnight, last resort.)

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-04-2015, 07:53 PM   #65
dyckie

Update - Kobo does charge - and also intermittently will let me to reboot/update stage.

Wifi reconnect will start but inevitably fails at some point - usually at the end with "Unable to complete update - pls remove dictionaries/books..."

Connection sans wifi i.e. via Kobo POS desktop - zero recognition.
Advert
Old 08-05-2015, 05:15 AM   #66
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyckie View Post
Update - Kobo does charge - and also intermittently will let me to reboot/update stage.

Wifi reconnect will start but inevitably fails at some point - usually at the end with "Unable to complete update - pls remove dictionaries/books..."

Connection sans wifi i.e. via Kobo POS desktop - zero recognition.
And did you try to "remove dictionaries/books..." via library and settings in order to provide the necessary disk space for the update to complete?
Old 08-15-2015, 02:57 AM   #67
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Hi all,

Had no luck with the 3.17 FW... has anyone got the Aura HD image to reformat mine?

Thanks for your help

François
Old 08-15-2015, 05:49 AM   #68
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:04 PM   #69
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
@DavidFor
You are great

Thanks again
Old 08-23-2015, 06:47 PM   #70
Mrloupsy
Mrloupsy began at the beginning.

Hello guys,

Same issue here... Could someone please send me an image for an Aura HD?

Thanks
Old 08-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #71
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent
Old 08-24-2015, 06:43 PM   #72
Mrloupsy
Mrloupsy began at the beginning.

Thanks Davidfor... Will try it soon
Old 08-26-2015, 06:01 AM   #73
3s83
3s83 began at the beginning.

Hi all,

I got my Aura HD bricked as well... Can someone send me an image file for the Aura HD as well. Many thanks in advance.
Kind regards
Old 08-26-2015, 09:41 AM   #74
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:26 PM   #75
eymerich
eymerich began at the beginning.

I briked my Aura HD too.
I had a lot of problems with my reader, 30% of times it wasn't able to boot (stuck switching on).
So I updated it via Wifi to 3.17.3 and then I performed a factory reset.
Then I (unfortunately) decided to configure it using the Kobo Desktop and PC (Windows 10).

Something went wrong and the ereader is bircked :-(

Please, could someone send me the FW image ?

Thank you very much indeed
Closed Thread