Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-27-2018, 04:20 AM   #1
thordk
thordk began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Likebook Mars SD Question

Hi,

Got my new Likebook Mars this week and was wondering if anyone else have problems with SD Card.

I got a new 128 GB card as i do have a large collection of ebooks and pdf´s.

The card is working fine and all files is seen on it but when trying to open a file with the native ebook app / coolreader or Moon+ it gives an error when trying to open the epub.

If i use Librera its working like a charm and the card is brand new and was formated to be used for both android and normal use ?

Would it be a better option to format as Internal and could this be the issue ?

Can anyone confirm to have the same issue and a possible workaround ?

I do like the device but the option to use the SD was one of the reasons i made this purchace.

Regards

Last edited by thordk; 10-27-2018 at 04:26 AM.
thordk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:09 AM   #2
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Well, if you format the card as internal, you will wipe the card - which will basically defeat your purpose in having the card in the first place!

I tried opening a book in this way. I moved one of my ePubs to my sd card. I then used File Manager to find the book on the sd card. Long pressing the book icon didn't get me the usual reading options. But when I just tapped the book icon, then I got a list of reading app options to open the book. I picked the stock reader app, and the book opened fine.

The stock reader app is very inconsistent, I now find. I read one book with it, and it did fine. I then went to another book - also an ePub - and formatting was strange. Besides, the reader app decided to show only the first half of a certain word or two, and did that consistently whenever that word appeared! I've given up on the stock reader for now.

I recommend that you stick with Librera (which is excellent), or try Moon Reader Pro (equally good). I've tried KOReader, but I like either of the previous two better. Some folks also like AlReader because it is also E-Ink friendly.

The Likebook Mars has been consistent with my experience of previous Boyue products: the hardware is very good, but their stock apps tend to be buggy. Use third party apps for reading and such and you'll be much happier!

Last edited by downeaster59; 10-27-2018 at 09:12 AM.
downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 11:56 AM   #3
thordk

Thanks alot for your update.

Strange issue, all works fine if i import and open from the apps themself.

Seems the problem is "only" from opening directly from the main screen like recently added and recently read and is also from files on the main storage too.

I suspect it could be issue with the system software and i know its still in the early stages of development. hopefully fixed in a later release.

Regards
Old 10-27-2018, 01:12 PM   #4
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
I have about 700+ books on the SD card which are managed by Calibre Companion; also have light novels on the SD card in a separate directory not managed by CC. Moon+Reader Pro has no problem reading the books directly or having CC sending the path location to MR for reading the book.

Note I also deleted all the books that came with the Mars as I do not have any children around & prefer a clean screen. The book removals also helped MR in not having ghosting (or less?) which occurred after the firmware was updated to use Play store as somehow the recently used books in the home screen interfered with my setup.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:51 AM   #5
thordk

Thanks alot for the help.
After formating the SD card again (External) and using Calibre for management im able to open within the main screen without any issue.
Regards
Old 11-29-2018, 07:37 PM   #6
thatguyatdennys
thatguyatdennys began at the beginning.

Device: AuraHD, Likebook Mars
What format should I..ehrm..format my card as? Does Android handle exFAT better than it used to, or should I go with FAT32?
thatguyatdennys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #7
orangpelupa
Enthusiast
orangpelupa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyatdennys View Post
What format should I..ehrm..format my card as? Does Android handle exFAT better than it used to, or should I go with FAT32?
You should be able to directly format it on the tablet. Then it will use the preferred filesystem
orangpelupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:14 AM   #8
shinto
shinto began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Smile

Hi, I am able to find the SD Card location after going through all the folders!
it will be under

/storage/889F-15EB(probably SD card Name)/Books

Try to find it there!
Good Luck
shinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:57 PM   #9
Spectralis
Enthusiast
Spectralis began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
You could try formatting the card in the Likebook and then connecting the Likebook to your computer and loading the card with books via the computer. That's if the computer can "see" the formatted card. I'm assuming the formatted card will show up as part of the Likebook's storage?
Spectralis is offline   Reply With Quote