Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #1
tallship
Manager Network Services
tallship began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre, Okular (Linux and Windows) / fbreader & EBookDroid (Android).
Thumbs up Greetings from California!

I stumbled across this site and I'm elated to have discovered this rich resource.

I use Calibre on Windows and Linux, Okular on Linux, and EBookReader, FBreader, and Orion on Android.

Gotta love Calibre - it's the bomb!

Anyway, about me personally, I'm a systems engineer and own/operate my own cloud virtualization and hosting company. Yes, I still do website hosting, and have, for well over twenty years, but nowadays I like to recommend that people deploy their own virtual machines by picking up an inexpensive VPS and then installing something like Plesk or cPanel on it to handle their self-hosting of all their websites (or even if they only have one) - from there, many people decide to deploy Mautic or some other inbound marketing and CRM systems, accounting ERP, etc....

They can do all of that on one server for a fraction of what they pay elsewhere.

In my spare time, I like sailing, having spent about a third of my life living on sailboats. I'm also an L.A. County and NAUI Underwater Instructor (SCUBA), and I'm passionate about growing veggies for personal consumption in my garden. I'm working on building another chicken coop so I can get away from having to buy eggs again, and for the last several months I've been residing off-grid in the remote mountain regions of Humboldt, with Solar and diesel power, along with wood fired stoves for heating and cooking.

I dare say I've gotten rather proficient with a chainsaw lol.

If you want to know more about me, or read some of the articles and tutorials I've written over the years, check out my Linux Counter profile below.

Anyway, it's nice to be here and I look forward to perusing the forums and such.

Kindest regards,

Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
http://NorthTech.US

https://www.linuxcounter.net/user/190795

Last edited by tallship; 05-13-2018 at 07:31 PM. Reason: maek pritty
tallship is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
about me, hello everyone, introductions