Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2018, 04:50 AM   #91
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by robilarocn View Post
Kobo customer service is the worst customer service I have ever encountered... ever.

My daughter's kobo died while under warranty (For no reason we could determine) and it took me almost 7 weeks to get a replacement....

I could write two pages on the trek it took to get them to warranty replace a 3 month old device bought at chapters (a partner of kobo's).
Kobo's customer support can be a nightmare. 1) They don't speak English well. 2) It takes a superhuman effort to get them to stop reading from the FAQs when your problem is outside the norm. This is exacerbated by point #1. 3) Returned units are actually sent back to Canada. The tracking ID stops back East (NY, I think), but then the device crawls its way over the border to Canada. 4) Your ticket's update page is often out of date.

However, once you understand that English isn't their native tongue, and that they are required to assume user error first, you can hurry them through their script. Most of the phone reps are friendly. Jump through the hoops. Be patient.

Still, when my KA1 LE arrived at Christmas with a night mode that was FAR too red (My other KA1 is more green), I opted to just live with it instead of banging my head against their glacier-like return process. I *definitely* am looking forward to Walmarts selling Kobos. The return process will be so much easier. I hope Kobo is ready for it. :>
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:39 AM   #92
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
I *definitely* am looking forward to Walmarts selling Kobos. The return process will be so much easier. I hope Kobo is ready for it. :>
Let's hope that once they realize what Walmart normally does in terms of customer service 1. they do not immediately stop the partnership because it cuts into their margin too much and 2. Walmart leaves the partnership because Kobo's b2b customer service is just as bad and it takes them months of arguments to get their returns refunded.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2018, 10:18 AM   #93
robilarocn
Enthusiast
robilarocn began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab S2 8"
Quote:
Kobo's customer support can be a nightmare. 1) They don't speak English well. 2) It takes a superhuman effort to get them to stop reading from the FAQs when your problem is outside the norm. This is exacerbated by point #1. 3) Returned units are actually sent back to Canada. The tracking ID stops back East (NY, I think), but then the device crawls its way over the border to Canada. 4) Your ticket's update page is often out of date.

However, once you understand that English isn't their native tongue, and that they are required to assume user error first, you can hurry them through their script. Most of the phone reps are friendly. Jump through the hoops. Be patient.

Still, when my KA1 LE arrived at Christmas with a night mode that was FAR too red (My other KA1 is more green), I opted to just live with it instead of banging my head against their glacier-like return process. I *definitely* am looking forward to Walmarts selling Kobos. The return process will be so much easier. I hope Kobo is ready for it. :>

The irony is, I am in Canada... In fact their repair facility is in Mississauga, about 20 minutes from where I live and it still took 7 weeks. 7 weeks to send a device 20 km.
robilarocn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:37 AM   #94
Pulpwood
Make my Day
Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, KA1 LE
Received an AK1 02-14-18 in Michigan, USA. It was delivered by FedEx and ordered from Kobo.com on 02-08-18. All is well with wifi and lighting gradients. So far none of the quality issues raised in this thread have surfaced, all is up to snuff at this time.
Pulpwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:42 AM   #95
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:

Kobo's tech support seems to all be in Mexico city as I have asked where they are when contacting them. English speaking ability is variable as far as amount of accent is concerned. No idea how their French language support is.

Kindle support seems to be worldwide as I have reached people in the Philippines as well as Central America. Modern communications allows them to be anywhere they can be hired cheap. At least Amazon support can get things to happen a lot faster than Kobo's can.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert