Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
rylsfan
rylsfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
How to turn off notifications (Mac)

Good day all.

I am quite sure the information I seek is out there somewhere. I have spent the last hour playing with Calibre, reading the documentation and searching Google but I just can't seem to find a solution to my minor annoyance.

When I plug in my Kindle to Calibre, it automatically downloads my favorite sources and puts them on my Kindle. THIS IS AWESOME.

What I find annoying though is each time a source is downloaded I get a notification on my screen. I get another notification when it is sent to my Kindle.

This would be great if the notifications showed up for 2-3 seconds and went away. However the notifications remain there and before long my entire screen is covered with notifications.

Does anyone know how I can force the notifications to last a maximum of 3-5 seconds? Failing that, anyone know how to disable them altogether?

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
Matt
rylsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
look in preferences->interface->look and feel
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
rylsfan
rylsfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Oddly enough the issue seems to go away after I upgraded to the latest version. Thank you!
rylsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
growl, mac, notifications