Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
Atagahi
Enthusiast
Atagahi began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Question How do I fix small font of a ebook

I have a Sony Reader 505 and I bought an ebook from LuLu yesterday that has really small font. I can increase the size to medium and large using the button on the reader but when I do that it messes with how the text is suppose to be arranged. It is no longer in paragraph form and the dialogue is much harder to read. It separates sentences that shouldn't be separated and puts other sentences together when they shouldn't be together. I have calibre but I am not sure how touse it to fix this or if it can be fixed. Any ideas and help would be appreciated.
Atagahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atagahi View Post
I have a Sony Reader 505 and I bought an ebook from LuLu yesterday that has really small font. I can increase the size to medium and large using the button on the reader but when I do that it messes with how the text is suppose to be arranged. It is no longer in paragraph form and the dialogue is much harder to read. It separates sentences that shouldn't be separated and puts other sentences together when they shouldn't be together. I have calibre but I am not sure how touse it to fix this or if it can be fixed. Any ideas and help would be appreciated.
It's one other reason why DRM is evil. What I would do is remove the DRM and edit the stylesheet to comment out font-size: small from the paragraph styles.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Sounds like the book you bought was in PDF format. When the reader resizes the font for PDF formatted books, it'll often mess up the layout of the book.

Unfortunately, probably the only thing you can do would be to switch to landscape mode and see if that helps.

And if possible, in the future try to buy books formatted as ePub instead of PDF!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #4
jduvall
Enthusiast
jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!

Device: none
I had this problem with a few books the font was unreadable on small but fine on medium, so I went and reconverted with calibre and under look and feel I used the font wizards to change to 15.5 pt font
jduvall is offline   Reply With Quote