Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
reeser9999
reeser9999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
My Essentially Free Kindle Sock Cover

Hello Everyone,

New user, new Kindle 3 Wifi, first post.

I needed something to protect my brand new Kindle during my daily commute in my bag, and I couldn't justify some of the pricey covers at this time, so I thought I'd go super low budget and craft my own.

Made from a thick, stretchy, sport sock. I just cut above the heel and kept the ankle part, after sewing one end closed. My sewing job sucks, but it does the trick, and when I'm reading on the train, my sock cover tucks into my pocket.

Pics attached.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00109-20100907-0835.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	57856   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00108-20100907-0835.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	57857  
reeser9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Greg.

clever thought you have there! Just remember your Kindle screen is rather fragile, so be careful about letting anything lean against it.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Very clever
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
poppy1070
poppy1070 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Came across this site whilst googling for a reasonably priced sock for my kindle. I have my kindle in a leather cover, but wanted something to protect it whilst in my handbag, yes I have a handbag that contains so much junk its has its own zip code (or if you live in the UK like me postcode) so whilst googling I came across this thread, and just wanted to say thank you. I made my 'free' kindle sock this evening by cutting up some old Eeyore slipper socks, and I now have a rather cute sock that fits my kindle perfectly, not only does it look cool and quite trendy...........it was free. Thank you
poppy1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool protect the screen

You folks using this type of cover would be better served by cutting a piece of thin stiff material (perhaps out of an old flat-sided small trash container [plastic]) to the same size as the kindle and inserting it in the sock on the screen side. Just my opinion.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Here is a case from casecrown for 5.21 for the kindle 3. You have to dig on amazon as its not listed in the kindle store, actually in electronics. I bought a similar case for the kindle 4 NT for the same price, from the same seller. For 5.21, you can't beat it and it will do a much better job protecting the screen than a sock. Comes in a variety of colors. I opted for black.

http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Keyb...uct/B0042I5I6C
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote