Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 12:58 AM   #1
maxxim88
Enthusiast
maxxim88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Can anyone show me how to create new collection in my Kindle DXG

Hello guys, I bought one Kindle DXG but I'm living out of US and unable to register my Kindle via 3G so I can't create new collection in my Kindle DXG. Can anyone show me how to create collections on an unregistered Kindle. I tried all the firmwares in forum( Kindle Collection Manager, Registration Hack...) but they don't work for my Kindle DXG

Last edited by maxxim88; 08-12-2010 at 06:02 AM.
maxxim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You can read about creating and managing collections in the Amazon KDX online help file here. It should also be in the User Guide on your KDX.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #3
Zanshin
Connoisseur
Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch), Kindle DX Graphite, Asus Transformer
Also, note that to enable collections in the first place, you need to have the 3G (or wifi) on.
Zanshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:30 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxim88 View Post
Hello guys, I bought one Kindle DXG but I don't know how to create new collection in my Kindle DXG. Can anyone show me how to do that. I tried all the firmwares in forum( Kindle Collection Manager, Registration Hack...) but they don't work for my Kindle DXG
Have you read the Kindle User Guide? The use of collections is very clearly explained in there. What step of the process are you having trouble with?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:14 AM   #5
maxxim88
Enthusiast

I'm living out of US so I can't register my kindle via 3G. That's the problem
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 03:57 AM   #6
Zanshin
Connoisseur
Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch), Kindle DX Graphite, Asus Transformer
I don't think that's a problem with being outside of the US. I live in France and had no problem registering my Kindle.
That might be more of a 3G coverage issue. http://client0.cellmaps.com/tabs.html#cellmaps_intl_tab
Zanshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:23 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you buy the Kindle second hand? It should come "pre-registered" to your Amazon account.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:54 AM   #8
maxxim88
Enthusiast

yes, My sister is living in US and she bought Kindle for me, of course this Kindle registered to my sister but she wants this Kindle registers to me so she deregistered. And when I received Kindle I was unable to register Kindle via 3G
Old 08-12-2010, 05:59 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

OK, that explains it; you can't create collections on an unregistered Kindle.

This thread contains instructions on how to register a Kindle without Whispernet access. I haven't tried it myself, but many people report success with it.