Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
charles_cinci
Enthusiast
charles_cinci began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Unhappy nook can't sync - "Unable to complete operation"

I apologize for the length and the fact that I'm discussing both the B&N nook and B&N PC eReader software...but I believe my issues are related.

On Friday May 7th, I attempted to update the library in my PC eReader software with my latest purchases...it had been a while as I don't usually read eBook on my PC...

Anyway, none of my new books appeared...I tried re-entering email & CC info on the web site along with signing out and back in. My eBooks moved from My Library to My Stuff..

Since I was I few versions behind, I tried uninstalling the old eReader and installing the newer version (2.1 something) While I could get signed in with no problem, after syncing My Library I had no books appear.

So I though I'd look at my newest purchase on my nook running v1.3....only problem, when I did a "check for new B&N content" I'd get an error message saying "Unable to complete the operation".

Calling tech support and they said it was a server issue and that I'd be notified when it was fixed.

Hadn't heard from anyone Monday, so while visiting my local B&N to see in being on the in store Wi-Fi network made a difference (it didn't) I called them again. Tech said they were still haveing server issues. He mentioned trying to do a manual factory reset to which woudl wipe it clean back to v1.1.1. I didn't want to do it right then, but I did it myself later Monday evening.

Which resett my nook to v1.1.1 at which point it downloaded v1.2. After checking for new B&N content...my library had all my books!

As I think about it, I don't believe I'd tried to retrieve new content from B&N since I updated my nook to v1.3.

Tonight I tried updating my PC eReader software to the very latest 2.5.0.3727, but I still see no book in My library and no error messages during the sync.

Unfortunately, my new replacement nook (my original has a cracked button) arrived today pre-loaded with v1.3 and when I try to sync I get the same "Operation cannot be completed" message I was getting when my original nook was running v1.3. I wonder if the "factory reset" would go back to anything prior to v1.3???

So in summary

PC eReader v2.5.0.3727 -- no books shown in My Library
nook v1.3 -- no books shown in My Library
nook v1.2 -- books appear in My Library
Blackberry eReader v1.0.7 -- books appear in My Library

According to the customer service rep I talked to today...he's escalating my issue to the developers and I should be getting an email from one of them.

Is anybody else having similar issues?

Thanks!

Charles
charles_cinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
charles_cinci
Enthusiast
charles_cinci began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Good news!

Came home from work today and picked up my nook, the replacement one running v1.3, and my B&N library was showing up!

Interesting that I didn't even have to "Check for new B&N content"...

As a test, I went ahead and did the "Check for new B&N content" and it completed without the error message I had been seeing.

Additionally, when I did the sync in my PC eReader software my B&N library showed up there also.

Color me a happy camper!

Charles
charles_cinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
riemann42
Zealot
riemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enough

Device: eSlick,nook
Great! I was thinking it might have been bad info somewhere, but it seems that whatever Bug was on B&Ns side was fixed. I was going to suggest archiving everything, then pulling books one at a time out. Glad you didn't have to do that!
riemann42 is offline   Reply With Quote