Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 05:22 AM   #1
cklammer
Zealot
cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Centro, Acer Aspire One
Epubreader opens always in current tab - bug or feature?

Dear Mikelv,

I am not sure whether this is a bug or a feature: but epubreader always open in the current tab regardless whether it is the tab from where the epub download was initiated or not.

I am using firefox 3.5.5 under the portableapps.com suite with epubreader 1.2.2 installed.

To reproduce this issue open two tabs in firefox. The first tab should contain a download link for a (larger - I used Webster's dictionary here from the site) epub file. The second tab can display anything or be empty - it doesn't matter. Start the epub download in the first tab and switch to the second tab. After the epub download finished you see that the download is processed shortly in the first tab (presumably by epubreader) but epub reader opens in the current (in this case the second tab). The (first) tab where the epub download was started is now blank. If you switch repeatedly between the two tabs and have the first tab current when the epubreader displays itself it will be the first tab. It will always be the current tab.

Personally I think this behaviour is not how tabbed browsing is supposed to work ....

Best Regards,
cklammer

Last edited by cklammer; 12-06-2009 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Mental gurks!
cklammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:43 AM   #2
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Thanks for your feedback cklammer!

Interesting, I didn't try this before but could reproduce it without problems.

This is not done intentionally, I just use some Firefox functions to pump out the data. I'll check, if I can change the behaviour, if it's possible, i'll put it on the change list.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
cklammer
Zealot
cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Centro, Acer Aspire One
Depending on the findings of your investigation, of course: we might have stumbled upon an underlying firefox bug ?!?
cklammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
johnnyS
johnnyS began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR
It would also be great if clicking on the link pointing to .epub file the publication would be opened not in the same, but in the new tab.
johnnyS is offline   Reply With Quote