Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Arrow Leather case for Cybook Opus

http://www.noreveusa.com/product/Boo...ther_case.html

They only seem to deliver within the US. I've emailed them about European distributors.
What are you guys using for protection?
I don't like the sleeve. For Sony 300, I've already ordered a Sony cover.
Anything similar for Cybook Opus?

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-04-2009 at 08:10 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
http://www.noreveusa.com/product/Boo...ther_case.html

They only seem to deliver within the US. I've emailed them about European distributors.
What are you guys using for protection?
I don't like the sleeve. For Sony 300, I've already ordered a Sony cover.
Anything similar for Cybook Opus?
No, they deliver to Europe (www.noreve.com). I had a mail from them today and went to have a look, but have not yet made up my mind.

For the time being I am using a real book cover I transformed for the Opus, but that will work only as long as the awful german raining season (rain from october to december, then snow until march, then rain again until june. It may also rain between june and the end of august, but only 5 days a week. The germans call it summer ) has not started. If the book cover gets wet, it will loose its strenghth and will not protect anything properly anymore.

I might go for a noreve cover, but 50 € is a bit dear... Or I might wait and hope that M-Edge discovers the Opus....

PS: I am french. This will be my 19th winter in Germany. I like the country and the people, but I hate the weather. Can you tell ?

Last edited by aceflor; 09-04-2009 at 10:28 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Good to hear that this is available. I'm happy with the carrying pouch, but it's nice to have a choice!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
No, they deliver to Europe (www.noreve.com). I had a mail from them today and went to have a look, but have not yet made up my mind.

For the time being I am using a real book cover I transformed for the Opus, but that will work only as long as the awful german raining season (rain from october to december, then snow until march, then rain again until june. It may also rain between june and the end of august, but only 5 days a week. The germans call it summer ) has not started. If the book cover gets wet, it will loose its strenghth and will not protect anything properly anymore.

I might go for a noreve cover, but 50 € is a bit dear... Or I might wait and hope that M-Edge discovers the Opus....

PS: I am french. This will be my 19th winter in Germany. I like the country and the people, but I hate the weather. Can you tell ?
Just ordered. Delivery in 5 days. Keep you informed.

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-04-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Yeah, noreve is realy expensive. (thoug good quality, i like the one I have for my pmp)
As far as the opus is conserned, the original shelve does the job nicely. I like having just the reader in my hand.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2009, 08:27 AM   #6
Baldrake
Connoisseur
Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Mozart
Looks nice, but kind of strange trying to pretend it's a wallet as well. I wonder if the ridges of those credit card slots would dig into the display.
Baldrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #7
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrake View Post
Looks nice, but kind of strange trying to pretend it's a wallet as well. I wonder if the ridges of those credit card slots would dig into the display.
You (unfortunately) find this for most of the covers. Same for one of the Sony 505 covers as well. I think it's nonsense. And I share your concerns. So I only purchase covers, where at least no metal will be touching the display. For iRex iLiad for example, I've bought the cheaper cover, as the "exclusive" one has a metal button in the closing mechanism, which in the worst case could scratch your display.
These covers definitely haven't been designed by actual users of eBook readers...
Old 09-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Good to hear that this is available. I'm happy with the carrying pouch, but it's nice to have a choice!
I'd agree with this. The pouch is fine to me.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
mgmueller
Member Retired

Noreve Cover for Cybook Opus, some pics

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05&postcount=8
Old 10-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
rireed3
Connoisseur
rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rireed3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook 1, Cybook Gen3
I found a small photo album, cut out the pages, made four pairs of holes at the corners of the Cybook and tied them with hat elastic. Total cost £4.

Richard
rireed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #11
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I would love it if M-Edge made a go-cover for Cybook Opus. I like the sleeve that came with it, but I could use a closed light-weight sleeve over that for complete protection when it's in my bag. Right now I'm using a very small organizer bag (Baggallini nylon zipper bag) inside my larger bag and stick the Opus sleeve opening down into one of the pockets of the Baggallini.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote