Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Islander would you not vote off the island?
Gilligan 1 3.45%
Skipper 1 3.45%
Millionairre (Thurston Howell III) 2 6.90%
His Wife (Lovey) 1 3.45%
Movie Star (Ginger) 1 3.45%
Professor 9 31.03%
MaryAnn 10 34.48%
You float your own boat (blue fish, PORTUGAL, whatnot) 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2009, 03:04 AM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Which Islander Floats YOUR Boat?

Ok, so we know they couldn't get a boat to float to save their lives, literally, but which one of the bunch would you like most like to spend a three-hour-whoops-try-10-years-and-then-some tour with and WHY?

Vote only once. No threesomes allowed in this poll!

yes, yes, this is a duplicate... I thought I was doing it all so carefully, but... well, I forgot to click the little poll BOX. *sigh* mods, please remove any trace of my stupidity!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:09 AM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, so thanks Donn, for the idea! You are now free to vote for MaryAnn (I wuold have preferred her too, were I into the girl on girl action thing).

I voted Professor. I mentioned earlier I had a crush on Gilligan in my earlier days (as a 7-9yo- loved his hats!), but it was the Professor who carried me through my early 2 digit ages. But seriously, how smart can you be and *still* not know how to fix a leaky boat? And where did he get all those coconut radios? I think he and MaryAnn had a thing going on though, underneath the palm trees....
Advert
Old 08-18-2009, 03:14 AM   #3
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Never seen Gilligans Island, so my vote had to go to the option that included blue and fish... sorry
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:15 AM   #4
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Have you ever noticed that in comparisons of television women (i.e., the two women on Gilligan's Island, or the two on WKRP, or the two on Three's Company), American men always choose the woman who is the wholesome one, never the sexpot?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:18 AM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Have you ever noticed that in comparisons of television women (i.e., the two women on Gilligan's Island, or the two on WKRP, or the two on Three's Company), American men always choose the woman who is the wholesome one, never the sexpot?
It's a wonder I ever got married!

Oh, but my husband is dual Canadian/American. Maybe that's it...
Advert
Old 08-18-2009, 03:38 AM   #6
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post

Vote only once. No threesomes allowed in this poll!
Killjoy.

Quote:
I voted Professor. I mentioned earlier I had a crush on Gilligan in my earlier days (as a 7-9yo- loved his hats!), but it was the Professor who carried me through my early 2 digit ages. But seriously, how smart can you be and *still* not know how to fix a leaky boat? And where did he get all those coconut radios? I think he and MaryAnn had a thing going on though, underneath the palm trees....
Have to say, if I was inclined that way, the professor would be my choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Never seen Gilligans Island, so my vote had to go to the option that included blue and fish... sorry
You have lived a hollow life so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
If it were actually a 3 hour tour, Ginger might gain more votes. But, in the end, a sultry dance does not satisfy as much as a good cherry pie*.

Donn

*Cut it out! I am talking about episode 12: 3rd season where Maryann cooks a cherry pie to lure the headhunters away from making Gilligan their Queen.

See! It was an innocent comment.

Last edited by Donnageddon; 08-18-2009 at 03:41 AM.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:38 AM   #7
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Either way I HAD to vote for the Professor...Make of that what you will....
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:41 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'd love my own boat and I've never seen one episode from that island...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #9
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
the Prof of course! smart AND good lookin'!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It was coconut pie. Where would Maryanne ever get cherries on that island?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:20 AM   #11
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
the Prof of course! smart AND good lookin'!
Here here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Well, not from Ginger, that's for sure...
Old 08-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #12
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Quote:
Well, not from Ginger, that's for sure...
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #13
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Ginger of course!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:10 AM   #14
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
fugazied, put your vote where your post is, vote for Ginger. There is one vote for Ginger at the moment and that vote is mine. I thought I was the only one who did vote for Ginger. Now you claim you voted; but, you never followed through or maybe you need additional instructions on how to vote (too many years of pulling the blue lever next to the fish.) Step up and cast that vote for Ginger.

Was that too over the top? They claimed they voted for Ginger yet when I look at the poll Ginger's name is slanted indicating that I voted for her [and I did much earlier in the poll.] In many ways Ginger was a deer caught in the headlights kind of person. In her own way she was a lot puppy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GingerVote.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	34869  

Last edited by RWood; 08-25-2009 at 01:13 AM.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:18 AM   #15
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
fugazied, put your vote where your post is, vote for Ginger. *SNIP* In many ways Ginger was a deer caught in the headlights kind of person. In her own way she was a lot puppy.[/I]
She was a "lot puppy," in fact, she struck me as a bit of a hound dog...

Yes, fugazied, vote! Put your mouse clicker where your mind is!