Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 01-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Drib, Dr.[Editor]: Memorable First Sentences To Books That Don't Exist. v1. 15 Jan 08

Here it is: A book created by Mobileread's contributors. This is a book of actual First Sentences from books that don't exist.

I wish to thank everyone who contributed to this project - without your passion and your sentence this book would not exist. THANK YOU!

Some chapter headings were short, so I purposefully kept those chapter titles from going to a new page. Any formatting problems are, of course, issues that I created.

If you enjoy this, you may wish to visit Final Sentences thread, located here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35912

That thread above was started by Pshrynk.

AGAIN, THANK YOU, EVERYONE. I hope you enjoy the read. All contributions revert back to the original creators.

My apologies at this time for this imperfect .prc version. I used BookDesigner on this. Give me some and it'll be 'perfect.'

Dr. Drib
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Drib_Memorable First Sentences.prc (165.4 KB, 830 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I cannot believe I"ve been published. When do I get paid?

Is the check in the mail? Do I get residuals? How do I keep my work protected and away from pirates???

Seriously how. Unbelievable how you can create such a treasure out of the random, aimless ramblings of such a group as ours. I've already spewed water all over the screen of my laptop and only read the first few parts.

I salute you, and thank you. If you were in front of me right now, I'd KISS you! (on the forehead, of course. )
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Remember, though, that the book exists because of people like you who contributed to it, and who made it so much fun for everyone involved. Who knows what Volume II has to offer.....

Anyway:
If no one contributed, it would be a blank book with empty pages, sort of like the autobiography of a certain sitting President; but unfortunately, I don't think there are any unbroken crayons left in the White House!! - hahahaha. I couldn't resist that.

Don
Old 01-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #4
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This work is in the Canadian public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. It may still be under copyright in some countries. If you live outside Canada, check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
AFAIK this publication is still under copyright in my country since none of the authors died more than 70 years ago.
Furthermore I sincerely doubt (and can't check before downloading) if the editor has asked all the contributors if their attributions may be published.

Therefore I would like to report a copyright violation.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
AFAIK this publication is still under copyright in my country since not all the authors died more than 70 years ago.
I believe that's the rule.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I believe that's the rule.
Let me understand this completely: You want me to kill all the contributors? Isn't that illegal in some countries?

Don
Old 01-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Let me understand this completely: You want me to kill all the contributors? Isn't that illegal in some countries?
Well, I think we've learnt a lot from Guantánamo, all it takes is moving the contributors to yet another country and call them terrorists...

Actually, I was just trying to point out that for collective works the copyright expires N years after the death of the last of the contributors, so as long as any of the contributors is alive or died less than N years ago, the work is copyrighted. Or so I understood the last time I read it.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote