Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What I don't get is what's the big deal? Are you going to switch to Elementary OS? If not, then who cares about Bookworm?
Bookworm works on Debian's Linux distributions and looking at the source code, it should be fairly simple(*) to have packages for other Linux distributions generated. I do use Linux as well as Windows and Mac OSX so I am interested even if I don't have even vague plans to switch to Bookworm as my preferred ebook reader in the near future.

The major reason for my interest in/liking for Bookworm is pretty much a philosophical preference for single purpose application instead of the Swiss army knife applications that seem to be preferred by many programmers and users.

* fairly simple for someone will not actually be doing the work.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:01 AM   #17
Silex
Silex began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Well, I'm Elementary now, but reading the comments here, I'll stick to Calibre reading.
Thanks all for the comments! They are very helpful.
Silex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
bookworm, ebook, ebooks, elementary, reader