Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
How many Kindles were sold?

This story claims 240,000:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/08/01...s-sold-240000/
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
This story claims 240,000:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/08/01...s-sold-240000/
______
Dennis
Well, I bought two, so I can affirm that number at least.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #3
Rechard
Rechard began at the beginning.

I can affirm that's a joke, according my friend's news who work in a assembly factory which is in charge of assembly Kindle in Shenzhen of China, totally, they had completed 34K Kindles.
Rechard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Well, 34K sounds much more plausible.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechard View Post
I can affirm that's a joke, according my friend's news who work in a assembly factory which is in charge of assembly Kindle in Shenzhen of China, totally, they had completed 34K Kindles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Well, 34K sounds much more plausible.
34,000 doesn't sound reasonable to me at all. Counting mine and those I've seen around the small town where I live, there are at least 10 Kindles in my immediate area. The population of both Horseshoe Bay and Marble Falls put together is less than 7500 people.

Unless we are a really unusually technosavvy and literate area (and trust me, we are not), then the 34,000 number really makes no sense at all.

And ... doing the math ... if our area was indicative of the whole of the country, that would mean nearly half a million Kindles sold. Not saying that's the case, just that a quarter of a million makes more sense to me than 34,000.

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 08-03-2008 at 06:10 PM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert