Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-22-2016, 04:10 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Dark Horse Comics and Downloads/DRM

Dark Horse Comics uses its own apps and DRM for its comics.

Does anyone know if there's a tool available to allow for the download/DRM removal for Dark Horse Comics?

I really don't like only having the ones I've bought being available only online or with their apps.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:21 PM   #2
oxguy3
oxguy3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oxguy3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oxguy3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oxguy3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oxguy3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oxguy3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oxguy3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oxguy3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oxguy3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oxguy3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oxguy3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hey, sorry for necroposting, but I've built a little browser script that makes it super easy to download your Dark Horse comics. You can check out the script over on GreasyFork (you'll need Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey or whatever on your browser to install it; more info here). It just adds download buttons to your bookshelf on the Dark Horse Digital website, and then it will download all the pages and package them up into a .CBZ file.
oxguy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2017, 04:35 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Many thanks. I'm giving it a go. Is it Windows only?
Old 01-18-2017, 05:38 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Not sure if this helps, but there's a Chrome plug in that will create a DRM-free CBZ from anything you buy at Comixology. I know you were specifying Dark Horse, but their stuff is available at Comixology as well.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:12 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Answering myself, oxguy3's script works on Chrome on Mac OS.
Advert
Old 01-19-2017, 08:28 PM   #6
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Thanks, ZodWallop!

I usually avoid anything I can't backup, but I have a few.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #7
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
Thanks, ZodWallop!

I usually avoid anything I can't backup, but I have a few.
No problem. Glad to help. It's the only time I use Chrome.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #8
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
It should be easy enough to convert those CBZs into PDFs, too - which would let me keep everything in one format when downloaded. Thanks for the info!
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:30 PM   #9
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
It should be easy enough to convert those CBZs into PDFs, too - which would let me keep everything in one format when downloaded. Thanks for the info!
Easy enough, but a bad idea. PDF is not a reading format. If it's not a business/legal document and/or you're not planning to print and scan it back and forth between hard copy and digital, PDF is a poor choice. It's going to inflate your file size, those files are going to be harder for reading apps to manipulate, and they'll be harder to shift to another format if you change your mind.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:23 PM   #10
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Easy enough, but a bad idea. PDF is not a reading format.
Well, when my iPad's iBooks app supports .CBZ, I'll keep that in mind.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:46 PM   #11
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
I thought converting .CBZ to PDF was weird too, but whatever works for you.

There are plenty of CBZ readers available on iOS.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:06 AM   #12
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
If you're married to keeping your comics mixed in with your other print media, EPUB is also an option, though I have no idea what iBooks' EPUB feature set looks like vs. its PDF feature set (page fit, zooming, next issue/volume, etc). One pro of CBR/CBZ as a reading format is that the apps that do read it are designed for comics.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #13
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Not sure if this helps, but there's a Chrome plug in that will create a DRM-free CBZ from anything you buy at Comixology. I know you were specifying Dark Horse, but their stuff is available at Comixology as well.
What is this mysterious plugin called? Comixology's native app won't save comics to the SD card, and it doesn't take many comics to fill my reader's memory.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrixx View Post
What is this mysterious plugin called? Comixology's native app won't save comics to the SD card, and it doesn't take many comics to fill my reader's memory.
I believe Corty's Comic Backup is what you want.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:12 PM   #15
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I believe Corty's Comic Backup is what you want.
That's it. A quick Google search for "chrome plug in comixology" would find it as well.

I wish there was a Firefox version. In general, I'm not a Chrome fan. But needs must.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 02-21-2017 at 04:20 PM.