Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-09-2016, 01:52 AM   #1
cclambie
cclambie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook touch
Post Book covers/ jackets into an album for displaying on e-photo frame

Hi fellow calibre users,
I have been hunting around for a way to export some of the covers in the Calibre managed books into a folder/ album that I can then display on my "book shelf"
When people come around now, they only see books we read 5-10 years ago, ie. When we had "real" books.

I would love to display our e-book covers in a scrolling album like a e-photo frame or an old tablet I have (a use for old devices).

Is there a quick and easy way to do this? Maybe a plugin I missed? Or even a core function.
If not? Is there demand for this? I might develop something if so, I might anyway, but helpful to know if this would help anyone else (eg. I could do some down and dirty code, or as a proper plugin if demand)

Let me know your thoughts.
cclambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What exactly are you asking for? calibre can already display your books covers in a gid and flow views. If all you want to do is export all covers from calibre, you can do that using the save to disk button.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
album, covers, e-book, e-book covers, photos