Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #1
edman44
edman44 began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Laptop
(Kindle question in a Nook thread - now moved)

Hi Friends,

I am new to eBooks. Well, frustration has kept me away for about a year. I am now really wanting to figure out how to use calibre. My only problem is (and has been) locating the kindle books on my laptop, so I can add them to the calibre library. I have searched my laptop over and over, but cannot find my kindle content. I tried the usual recommendations from Google and other sources, with no luck. Any help would be awesome.
edman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #2
edman44
edman44 began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Laptop
FYI... I am using the Kindle for PC app.

Last edited by edman44; 11-22-2015 at 06:40 PM.
edman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #3
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
You don't mention what version of Windows you're using. On my computer, Windows 7, the Kindle files are located in:

*Username*/My Documents/My Kindle Content

Also, you might get more detailed help with Kindle files in one of the Kindle forums here at Mobileread, or in a Calibre section. Someone using Kindles might not be checking a Nook-related thread.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:13 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
@edman44,

Kindle questions rightfully belong in the Kindle forum, not the Nook forum. You'll get more answers there.

But I recommend you make sure you are using the win32 version of Kindle for PC -- not the Metro app, which you might well be using if your laptop is Windows 8 or 10.
The Metro app won't work at all -- it's an app, it uses weirdly obfuscated app storage instead of the "My Kindle Content" folder.

Direct download link to Kindle for PC (win32 version): http://amazon.com/kindlepcdownload
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:03 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
@edman44:

Your post was in the General Discussion Forum, in a thread related to B&N's action of having removed the download option from its site.

Since your question IN NO WAY is concerned with this issue, but rather with the Kindle and with an entirely different issue, your post has been moved to the KINDLE FORUM.

Please take the time now to look over our site.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-22-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert