Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #76
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Whew! I managed to read all of the books and novellas in Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series in time for Heart of Obsidian tomorrow. While I enjoyed some books more than others there were none I wholly disliked. I love the overarching rebellion plot. Since the protagonists appear in multiple books—and I know not everyone has read them all yet—I’ll just say my very favorite couples are Lucas & Sascha, Judd & Brenna, Nathan & Tamsyn, Max & Sopia, and Walker & Lara. Honorable mentions to Zach & Annie, Dev & Katya, and Emmett & Ria. I am so looking forward to the next book.
Holy cow! That was some marathon reading!!

I think you and I like the same couples. I was good with Mercy & Riley, because it was a unique coupling with her being so dominant herself. But then there was Andrew and Indigo, then Sienna and Hawke (which I thought was built up to well, but I still was bothered by the age difference), and by the time she got to Tangle of Need, I was getting really frustrated with all the seriously grouchy woman! I never really found anything to like about Adria, and I was pretty "meh!" about Riaz, too.

If I had to pick a favorite, I'd say it was Walker and Lara. But it's really close...Max and Sophie would be a close, close 2nd.

I'm so glad the next book is back to focusing on at least one Psy character.

And it'll be on the reader sometime after midnight tonight!! Sigh, it's going to be hard to be disciplined and not stay up all night to read it.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #77
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post

Also at Smashwords in various (DRM-free) formats.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #78
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post

I think you and I like the same couples. I was good with Mercy & Riley, because it was a unique coupling with her being so dominant herself. But then there was Andrew and Indigo, then Sienna and Hawke (which I thought was built up to well, but I still was bothered by the age difference), and by the time she got to Tangle of Need, I was getting really frustrated with all the seriously grouchy woman! I never really found anything to like about Adria, and I was pretty "meh!" about Riaz, too.

If I had to pick a favorite, I'd say it was Walker and Lara. But it's really close...Max and Sophie would be a close, close 2nd.

I'm so glad the next book is back to focusing on at least one Psy character.

And it'll be on the reader sometime after midnight tonight!! Sigh, it's going to be hard to be disciplined and not stay up all night to read it.
I am forcing myself to go to bed but I plan to be up before the cats.
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #79
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I am forcing myself to go to bed but I plan to be up before the cats.
Do cats sleep at all during the night?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #80
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
On Sale @ Amazon $0.99

Candis Terry's Sugar Shack series:
  1. Second Chance at the Sugar Shack
  2. Any Given Christmas
  3. Somebody Like You

I paid full price for these!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #81
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Susan Elizabeth Phillips Glitter Baby is the Kindle Daily Deal today (6/3)
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:04 AM   #82
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
I have done little else the past week but read.

Quote:

I liked Mercy & Riley more than I thought I would. I like Drew & Indigo as characters well enough but would rate their romance about average, too.

I read Tangle of Need second (just after Kiss of Snow) and agree with your take (I'd say more but I don't want to spoil it for the others. But even in the books where the romance wasn't working for me, the world building is just so well done and the overarching plot between books kept me going.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #83
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
This is how I liked them:
The Rose Garden
Mariana - I read this one several years ago and parts of it still stick in my mind.
The Winter Sea

Haven't read The Shadowy Horses yet
Haven't purchased The Firebird . . . yet

Marina
The winter sea
Shadowy horses

The Firebird I loved it thought it was one of the best besides Marina and the winter sea
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #84
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I have done little else the past week but read.

I liked Mercy & Riley more than I thought I would. I like Drew & Indigo as characters well enough but would rate their romance about average, too.

I read Tangle of Need second (just after Kiss of Snow) and agree with your take (I'd say more but I don't want to spoil it for the others. But even in the books where the romance wasn't working for me, the world building is just so well done and the overarching plot between books kept me going.
No spoilers please. I am having to avoid several places yesterday and today. Everyone is talking about the series and the new book. I don't want to know but tell that to Facebook as it keep trying to put it before my eyes.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:58 AM   #85
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No spoilers please. I am having to avoid several places yesterday and today. Everyone is talking about the series and the new book. I don't want to know but tell that to Facebook as it keep trying to put it before my eyes.
No problem for me, I'm a peeker
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #86
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Do cats sleep at all during the night?
Maybe, maybe not. I will rephrase my statement to I will wake before they are begging for breakfast. Which I was not. But I am waiting for my downloads to finish, then I will be listening to this all day. Whoo!!
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #87
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Me too! I was afraid I would have to avoid this thread. Even the pairings that were mentioned earlier did not sit well with me because, while they're not spoilers, they affect how I read the books as I look at the characters with a new awareness. Maybe use the spoiler thingy when the series is being discussed?

I just checked my Goodreads update page and, yes, it looks like I will have to avoid that for the time being
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #88
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'm only on the second book, so I'll have to be careful not to run into any spoilers for weeks!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #89
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
I peeked. I've still got 2 Psy books to read and it will be several weeks until I get to them, and I haven't even gotten Obsidian yet so I peeked.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #90
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Sigh. I wish there were as many good SF/Fantasy freebies as there are Romance freebies. It's only the 4th June, and there are already over 80 posts in this thread!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote