Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #121
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
does anyone have a TR 2 TR dictionary handling turkish inflections?
IIRC, Turkish MR user thomass was at one point working on a Turkish dictionary. Why don't you PM him?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #122
sevenkul
sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
does anyone have a TR 2 TR dictionary handling turkish inflections?
I have worked on Turkish inflections but only on the inflections that appear in Risale-i Nur. If you need inflections of modern Turkish, you can extract them from a Turkish to English Babylon dictionary by using the tool provided by alon but note that there are (not much but) some errors in the inflections of the Babylon dictionary. If what you need is the Ottoman inflections, I published my work in this blog, you can download a very large and rigorous Ottoman Turkish database.

By using that database, I generated an Ottoman Turkish dictionary, you can see the attachment. I hope ottoman characters appear well on all devices.

By the way, I also wrote a C# application that retrieve data from MSSQL database and generate XML file (which contains <idx:..> kind of tags) to be used in generating Kindle dictionaries. If someone doesn't like python, he can try this C# application. Currently, the application works only on my Ottoman dictionary case. I provide the source code so that you can adapt it to any project. The very needed tutorial, syntax and examples for writing a dictionary is here and at Kindle Publishing Guidelines.pdf.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Risale-i Nur Sözlüğü.zip (11.28 MB, 1392 views)
File Type: zip DB2XML.zip (55.3 KB, 802 views)

Last edited by sevenkul; 03-11-2013 at 05:27 AM.
sevenkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #123
mijd
mijd began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N97 (Mobireader)
Build dict from a simple text file.

Hi.
I have a text file with a list of all words allowed in french Scrabble (see attached file). I followed your trick to generate output files for building the dictionary but it failed. Maybe because the text file dose not contain any tab. It's a file with one word per line. no defenition.
Please I need hepl. What can I do to convert it into a valid text file and cread a mobipocket compotible dictionary for my Nokia N97 ?

Thank you in advance !
Attached Files
File Type: rar ODS6.rar (841.8 KB, 447 views)
mijd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #124
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijd View Post
What can I do to convert it into a valid text file and create a mobipocket compatible dictionary for my Nokia N97![/B]
Tab2Opf requires a tab delimited word-list and Python 2.7.

Last edited by Doitsu; 09-08-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #125
mijd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Tab2Opf requires a tab delimited word-list, I quickly duplicated yours and added tabs. Try using my version.
Thank you for the conversion. But I still have an error reported. The script stop immediatly with the following message error :

C:\Python31>tab2opf.py ods6.txt
File "C:\Python31\tab2opf.py", line 199
print "tab2opf (Stardict->MobiPocket)"
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

C:\Python31>_

I do make a mistake somewhere. Even the comand line instructions are easy to execute, I'm sure I miss something important
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	syntax error.JPG
Views:	698
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	110558  
Advert
Old 09-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #126
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
mijd
Just try to downgrade Python version: 2.7 should work.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #127
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbokJunkie View Post
mijd
Just try to downgrade Python version: 2.7 should work.
You're right, this script requires Python 2.7. Since the OP has the wrong version installed, I compiled a dictionary for him.

Last edited by Doitsu; 09-08-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #128
mijd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You're right, this script requires Python 2.7. Since the OP has the wrong version installed, I compiled a dictionary for him.
Yes got it !!!
It works. Thank you all for your help.

Now playing Scrabble will be more fun

Old 05-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #129
bubblepop
bubblepop began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, koboglo
phuu! I can't get this thing compiled! I've spent hours trying to compile a Korean-English dictionary for the kindle paperwhite.. I'm getting wired feedback from the tab2opf thing:
"
feff

"

and the mobi file doesn't work when trying a look-up...

Could someone have a look at this, maybe even compile it for me please?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwz...it?usp=sharing

I would be so thankful for this!

Regards,
bubblepop
bubblepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:21 PM   #130
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
@artbatista
USAGE: tab2opf.py -utf dict_name.txt
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #131
Phionz
Phionz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
This is wonderful! I hope you can built it more... thank you very much for sharing.
Phionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #132
bubblepop
bubblepop began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, koboglo
tab2opf not issuing idx:key properly with Korean-English

Can someone help me compile a Korean-English dictionary for the Paperwhite?

I've successfully compiled a Japanese-German Dictionary - Japanisch-Deutsch Wörterbuch (Wadoku - year unkown: http://ge.tt/6lld6jj1?c )

But when trying with Korean the idx:key is all messed up. Without those keys the Paperwhite can't do a proper look-up it seems..

Here is a tab separated Korean-English dictionary: http://ge.tt/6lld6jj1/v/0?c

Can someone help me get those idx:key repaired?

Last edited by bubblepop; 06-09-2014 at 10:19 AM.
bubblepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:20 PM   #133
sp313
sp313 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblepop View Post
Can someone help me compile a Korean-English dictionary for the Paperwhite?

I've successfully compiled a Japanese-German Dictionary - Japanisch-Deutsch Wörterbuch (Wadoku - year unkown: http://ge.tt/6lld6jj1?c )

But when trying with Korean the idx:key is all messed up. Without those keys the Paperwhite can't do a proper look-up it seems..

Here is a tab separated Korean-English dictionary: http://ge.tt/6lld6jj1/v/0?c

Can someone help me get those idx:key repaired?
Bumping the thread because I have the same exact problem as bubblepop there. Other dictionaries work, Korean ones don't - and i've tried several. Mobigen (and Kindlegen) complain that they "encountered an empty idx:key tag" all the time and the final dictionary is not usable.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
sp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #134
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I think you will need custom korean character mapping. It might help if you had a unicode-encoded tab-separated dictionary.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:09 AM   #135
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp313 View Post
Other dictionaries work, Korean ones don't - and i've tried several. Mobigen (and Kindlegen) complain that they "encountered an empty idx:key tag" all the time and the final dictionary is not usable.
There appears to be a bug in tab2opf.py that adds empty idx:key tags, but even if you remove them and compile the dictionary with Mobipocket Creator or Kindlegen, it won't work with eInk Kindles.
Since the dictionary does work with Mobipocket Reader, Amazon most likely introduced a Koran dictionary bug in the Paperwhite firmware.
Please find attached the source files and the converted dictionary, which does not work with Kindles. (It displays the same random word no matter which word you look up.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I think you will need custom korean character mapping.
Thanks to the code2000.ttf font, Kindles and Kindle apps support pretty much any alphabet included in the Unicode 5.2 standard standard. There's no character mapping required unless the source files are non-Unicode files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip babkoen.zip (4.80 MB, 572 views)

Tags
ebook tools, kindle tools