Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Went down, 1st bike accident

Im ok but freaking boring here waiting for road side assistant.

Of course wife is mad, mandatory motorcycle speech, lol
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
I'm glad to hear you are fine, but like we say here "el susto ni quién te lo quita" [for non Spanish that is something like 'nobody will take the scare out from you'].

And if the assistants are snails like here, you will be very bored.
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The funny stuff started ...

Someone called the cops and the are running checks against the temporary plate. Because sadly, is two weeks old, no official plate yet.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
jocampo
Layback feline

So...
The bike does not start. Got stuck on shift. A lady asked why im blocking the lane, that I can create an accident. Great!
Of course, wish I can move the bike.. wish was not so heavy ...

And still waiting for roadside assistance... I guess this is a good test for my new Android phone, lol ...

Gosh!

Last edited by jocampo; 10-20-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
on the bright side... you did not get to donate an organ today..... be careful though, I kind of like your posts, would be sad not to read them anymore in the future (and tell your wife she is absolutely right !)
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
on the bright side... you did not get to donate an organ today..... be careful though, I kind of like your posts, would be sad not to read them anymore in the future (and tell your wife she is absolutely right !)
Yeah, I think I'm gonna sell it ... to get a 1000cc , lol .. just kidding ...
Old 10-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
jocampo
Layback feline

By the way, stupidest accident ever. Bike was stopped. Just slipped left foot, right on brake, so lost balace and went down...

Good, roadside assistance here, finally ...
Old 10-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Old biker's adage:

There are two kinds of bikers, those that have gone down, and those that are gonna.

Some of us walk away.

Glad your one of those!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #9
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
At least you're ok. Maybe a little demoralized, but still upright and sucking air.

Be thankful you didn't get taken down by some turd-bucket "cager" checking their Facebook on their phone when they decided that they needed to occupy YOUR spot on the road.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #10
jocampo
Layback feline

After storm comes calm

Well,

Waited for a long time for road assistance but bike is at home with minor cosmetic damages, none of them expensive or paint related.

Clutch lever was replaced today and engine es fine. It did not start because there are sensors that detects bike position. So in order to minimize or avoid fire hazard the fuel supply is electronically cut.

Anyway, an ugly but interesting experience. And yes , all that stuff is material, glad I'm in one piece!

Last edited by jocampo; 10-20-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #11
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
And your wife gave you the "bike speech" over that?!? Sheesh!

Basically dropping the bike is what you did... that hardly counts as an accident. Shake it off, and remember even the best bikers drop a bike sooner or later. (Use it as an excuse to learn how to pick it up by yourself... it can be done!)

Okay, get back out on that road... and hey, HEY! ...Let's be careful out there.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #12
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
I went down on my human powered bike about 8 months ago. Got a little beat up and totaled my bike. Glad to hear that you're OK, I know what it's like.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #13
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
Basically dropping the bike is what you did... that hardly counts as an accident.
Not what the insurance company says ...

I actually called for roadside assistance, because the bike refused to start. They now raised a claim, closed it and damaged my clean record.

When I spoke to the manager, he said "why you called", I replied, "because I needed roadside assistance" ... so he started debating with me that I called reporting an accident and was my mistake.

Whatever ..
Old 10-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #14
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I went down on my human powered bike about 8 months ago. Got a little beat up and totaled my bike. Glad to hear that you're OK, I know what it's like.
Ohh my! I did something similar on my 20s, lol ... was a hill, two broken ribs. The funny thing is that I did not discover the broken ribs until two days later.

But the bike was not mine!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #15
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Superman (DH) is looking at different BMWs right now, but I have given my veto, and he is trying to persuade me.
I think I'll say yes in exchange for personal trainer time for me.
Both are high risk activities (the trainer is a hottie with a nice oxford accent, how often do you get this combination ? )
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote