Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Question Kindle Gift-Giving Issues

I wonder if anybody can help me with this. I'm giving a Kindle to someone for Christmas, unregistered. I bought it with a credit card that extends the warranty by one year. What I'm curious about is: 1) If the recipient registers the Kindle, but later decides to return it for a refund, do I have to return it, as the purchaser, or can the recipient do so? 2) If something happens to the Kindle outside of the normal warranty period, would the recipient have to deregister it and have me register it to my account in order to receive the extended warranty benefit? Thanks in advance for any insights.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I believe any refund would be issued to you as it is your card that made the purchase. I also think that any warranty issues will be between the recepient and Amazon
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 03:19 AM   #3
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I believe any refund would be issued to you as it is your card that made the purchase. I also think that any warranty issues will be between the recepient and Amazon
Thanks, kindlekitten.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Here is Amazon's page about giving or receiving a Kindle as a gift: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...0966113&sr=1-4 Unfortunately, it doesn't have any info about warranty issues or what the recipient (or the giver) needs to do if they want to return the Kindle. I checked their warranty page, too, and, I may have missed it, but there is nothing there, either, specifying what to do if there is a problem with a Kindle purchased/received as a gift.

Probably something you would have to ask Amazon CS directly - after all, there is never anything wrong with the Kindle and who would want to return a Kindle that they received as a gift??

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious

PhillipA82 - Thanks; nice to have a confirming opinion.

OakIris - Thanks for checking that out and posting the link. I couldn't find anything explicit in the documentation, either, and my initial queries to Customer Service have produced some (to me) contradictory answers, so I thought I'd see if anyone has perhaps gone through it before. Hopefully, I'm just practicing my normal Type A/compulsive paranoia, and, as you suggest, it will be a moot point . Take care.
Advert