Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
London Book Fair - Any requests?`

Hi All!

I will be heading to the London Book Fair next week (Volcanos permitting!) and was wondering if anyone wanted me to check anything out for them.

I am meeting with a lot of publishers and device companies including Entourage amongst others and I can pass on any questions etc.

Is there a mobileread meetup for the fair organised? Any excuse...!

Cheers

Gareth
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direct Ebooks View Post
Hi All!

I will be heading to the London Book Fair next week (Volcanos permitting!) and was wondering if anyone wanted me to check anything out for them.

I am meeting with a lot of publishers and device companies including Entourage amongst others and I can pass on any questions etc.

Is there a mobileread meetup for the fair organised? Any excuse...!

Cheers

Gareth

Usual questions would be -

European outlets for books & pricing.
DRM.
Geographic Restrictions (There's been at least one occasion when I couldn't buy a book by a UK Author in a UK store because of this !!).
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
dyrinn45
dyrinn45 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
If anyone from "The Black Library" is there, ask them when they will start publishing warhammer novels in any kind of ebook format please!!!
dyrinn45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

As a former (still am really!) warhammer fan I'll be sure to check that out!
Old 04-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #5
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Yes Im going to the book fair next week . Im really annoyed at the price of a lot of ebooks . I really dont think they should be priced at the same price as dead wood hbk book.
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:52 AM   #6
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
Quote:
If anyone from "The Black Library" is there, ask them when they will start publishing warhammer novels in any kind of ebook format please!!!
My brother in law works for games workshop and, as he knows I'm an e-reader, he mentioned to me that their novels will be going electronic shortly.

Last edited by M0zza; 04-17-2010 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Damned keyboard!
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:54 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
No requests... just wanting to know why the authors want their books restricted... I find that odd..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:59 AM   #8
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Please ask why ebooks, with the lack of printing costs and paper etc, are as expensive as hardbacks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
BongoBong
Enthusiast
BongoBong is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0zza View Post
My brother in law works for games workshop and, as he knows I'm an e-reader, he mentioned to me that their novels will be going electronic shortly.
Awesome! I just bought Prospero Burns yesterday from the horus heresy series and I would love to see titles put into ebook since I'll be buying an ereader soon.
BongoBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #10
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
It really bugs me to see ebooks the same price as hbks if not more esp as their are no printing costs involved and and these books are all kept on pcs at publishers these days
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:36 PM   #11
dyrinn45
dyrinn45 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
They say on their site(black library) that they are going electronic soon, i was hoping for a date though And i would really appreciate any info that is garnered.
dyrinn45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:37 AM   #12
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hope you guys are able to make the LBF. News from European airports over the weekend has been grim. Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:16 AM   #13
millicent
millicent doesn't littermillicent doesn't littermillicent doesn't litter

Device: Kindle, iPod and iRiver Story
I will be there on Monday. I am looking forward to chatting to the guys on the Etherbooks stand.
millicent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:42 AM   #14
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Anyone any idea how many who planned to be at the LBF couldn't make it because of flight problems caused by the volcano? Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:47 AM   #15
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Anyone any idea how many who planned to be at the LBF couldn't make it because of flight problems caused by the volcano? Neil
Hard to know Neil. Unfortunatly we had to pull out also - no flights from Ireland and ferries booked out.
I believe about 45% of the 1800 stands are from overseas companies. I would imagine that a large percentage of those would not have made it also. Not to mention the large numbers of business visitors without stands.

A pity, but life goes on!