Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-07-2012, 02:39 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
"Flight Mode" has definitely solved the battery drain issue. It's now been 36h since it was charged, and the battery is still at 94%. Previously it would have been at about 70-75% by this time.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #17
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
I didn't know you have a Galaxy Tab , Harry .

I recommend you Juice Plotter , from the same company that makes Juice Defender . It creates a graph of your power consumption.

How you like your tablet so far? I bought same model past Sunday ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like it very much indeed. I use it primarily as a portable video player, and it works excellently for that purpose.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #19
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I like it very much indeed. I use it primarily as a portable video player, and it works excellently for that purpose.
Yeah, it's really portable. It feels awesome in my hands. It is not too bad browsing internet either. I recommend you Tapatalk , great for Mobileread .

I'm going to have a hard time deciding now that I also ordered the Nexus 7 online.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
I'm going to have a hard time deciding now that I also ordered the Nexus 7 online.
Because my main use for it is as a video player (I spend a lot of time in hotels, working away from home), I need the storage that the SD card slot gives me, so I wouldn't buy the Nexus for that reason. Of course, for most other purposes it would be fine.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #21
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Because my main use for it is as a video player (I spend a lot of time in hotels, working away from home), I need the storage that the SD card slot gives me, so I wouldn't buy the Nexus for that reason. Of course, for most other purposes it would be fine.
Ohhh ... I see ... yes , the Nexus 7 has no SD card slot or capability .
Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #22
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
When my wife and I travel we take her transformer prime. For watching videos it's the best. What makes it such a good device is the nice 10" screen,the 16:10 ratio and the docking station. With the docking station we more than doubled the battery life and it acts like a stand.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #23
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Ohhh ... I see ... yes , the Nexus 7 has no SD card slot or capability .
Nor does it support flash drive via USB OTG. The Nexus 7 is buttoned down pretty tightly.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote