Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #16
awesome71717
awesome71717 began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel (4fff N618) w/ bqAvant Firmware
*Takes out shovel*....*digs thread from grave*

Ok, so I have a Pandigital Novel, which is the same device as these. I have flashed it with the firmware for the bqAvant and it is fully operational. I am currently trying to mount the img files to modify the features, but I'm having problems being that I am on OSX at the moment...

I guess it's safe to say that the kernel is definitely the same or at least almost identical across most of these derivatives, like mmind stated.
awesome71717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #17
darksite
darksite began at the beginning.

Device: Nvsbl L337 v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome71717 View Post
*Takes out shovel*....*digs thread from grave*

Ok, so I have a Pandigital Novel, which is the same device as these. I have flashed it with the firmware for the bqAvant and it is fully operational. I am currently trying to mount the img files to modify the features, but I'm having problems being that I am on OSX at the moment...

I guess it's safe to say that the kernel is definitely the same or at least almost identical across most of these derivatives, like mmind stated.
Awesome, I have an Nvsbl L337 v2 ( same as pandigital personal ) http://www.nvsbl.es/webcontent/20-nv...til-wifi7.html

I'm looking for Pandigital Personal FW for testing on my Nvsbl L337, please it would be great if you could upload FW from Pandigital.

Thanks !
darksite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #18
awesome71717

I can't find firmware for this model at all. It needs to be somewhere though because it is linux based which is under open source licences
Old 01-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #19
mikegetz
Professional Nerd
mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook WiFI, KOBO, Pandigital Novel Personal
another bit of thread resurrection ...

has anyone found a pre-made case to fit the Pandigital version of this thing?
I got one on trade off of CL last week, and i would love to have a silicone sleeve for it ... or at least a flip-open book style case. the only thing i have found so far is the Pandigital branded one, and i am so NOT paying $40 for something i could make myself for $10.

i tried my wife's Kobo cover (really a corner mount K3 cover) and it is exactly 1" too tall.

----------------
update!

well, i wasn't dropping $40 for a case, so i made one. for $6.

5$ clearance journal from B&N
1$ 1/4" black elastic
hot glue gun
spray tack (evil elmers rattle can stuff)
old shrunken adidas jersey from bottom of closet (black microfiber)

pleasing style.

microfiber for protect-y-ness, moleskine style strap.

big spiral fits right in my huge hand, really comfortable.

Last edited by mikegetz; 01-29-2011 at 05:38 AM.
mikegetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #20
darksite
darksite began at the beginning.

Device: Nvsbl L337 v2
Pandigital FW .. tried on Nvsbl L337 v2

Here it is Pangital firmware

www.fileserve.com/file/GpguuRs

Main drawback it is the only PDF support but look and feel it is quite incredible.

Enjoy !
darksite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #21
awesome71717

@mikegetz

Just a suggestion, you might want to add some plexi-glass or rigid metal to the front of the case because my screen cracked. I disassembled it and the fake looking screen has a nice piece of glass under it. The manufacturer decided that the back needs more support then the screen and they put a metal casing around the motherboard, leaving the front exposed.

@darksite

Thank you for finding that, I cannot use it at the moment, but if I'm able to get my reader replaced I'll try and modify the linux it is based on. I had problems with the other distributions, the filesystem wouldn't mount in a loopback method. Then I checked them with the file command for bash and it told me it was a compressed file, tar if I recall correctly, but it wouldn't deflate.

I know my reader still works fine because I re-assembled it without the screen, plugged it in and the led lit up. Having power at least tells me the components are working correctly. Here are some pictures of the firmware of the bqAvant on my Pandigital Novel when my screen wasn't broken.

Oh, and if anyone wants to take it apart, there is no indication or seal that is broken for the store to know that you did so.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:56 AM   #22
mikegetz
Professional Nerd
mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook WiFI, KOBO, Pandigital Novel Personal
i picked the notebook that i used due to it being very rigid ... thank you for the suggestion though. 90% of the time my reader is in it's case, sandwiched in a padded backpack between my laptop and my tool case. have not had an issue yet.
mikegetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #23
hz348
hz348 began at the beginning.

Device: positivo alfa
frq,

I have a Positivo Alfa.
I am trying to follow the Frankś wiki, but I didn't get yet access to the shell.
How did you get this?
I tried follow your steps, but nothing happens!
I have already tried with the l337 and oxnet firmware.

hz348
hz348 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4fff, arm, sipix