Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-11-2006, 11:22 PM   #1
bobby
bobby began at the beginning.

Device: Still Looking
Does the Iliad also suffer from ghosting of previous page?

I have just joined the forum and am looking for some input on the Iliad.

I noticed that the Sony reader exhibits some level of ghosting from the previous page and started a thread on that forum ...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8953

Is this something to be expected on the Iliad as well? I have not had a chance to see this reader as yet, so would appreciate some feedback from current owners.
bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:53 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yup. Run a search on the iLiad forum for "ghosting" if you want the details.

And welcome to MobileRead!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2006, 05:58 AM   #3
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby
Is this something to be expected on the Iliad as well? I have not had a chance to see this reader as yet, so would appreciate some feedback from current owners.
There is ghosting, but its so slight that its very hard to see... It occurred more a few updates and now I can't see it unless I'm moving from a screen that has been very dark (is 100%) black to white... There's some ghosting with panning, but then again its not very noticable...

TBH, its not an issue...
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To put it into some sort of perspective, having seen both the Reader and a iLiad screens in action, the ghosting seems comprable between the two to me.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #5
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Having a current iLiad and a current Sony the ghosting seems worse to me on the Sony.

But I can certainly make the ghosting much worse on the iLiad and speed up the screen re-draws at the same time. Each maker had to make the same call of how much ghosting vs screen refresh speed. Each can still change their mind by issuing a firmware update.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2006, 12:38 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist

I'm glad you weighed in, scotty -- I was hoping someone who had current access to both would as my iLiad recollections are a bit stale.