Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
JulieMarie
JulieMarie began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 1
Able to automatically Save to disk?

So I'm very happy with my Calibre setup now. I have it set up on my home computer with the Library on my hard drive and then I did a Save to disk to Dropbox so I can access the book on my iPad.

Now I'm wondering if there's a way to automatically Save to disk when I import or change ebooks in the library? Maybe by using a plugin? If not, I may need to learn Python eventually!!

Julie
JulieMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Sort of. But you will have to do some scripting.

You can use the command line tool calibredb to export all the books, using some save template.

With some effort I suspect that it would even be possible to list books updated since last time, and only export those. And it would even be possible to run this script every time you exit calibre.

More information in the fine manual: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cli/...libredb-export

I do something similar, but mostly manually. I save the books in my calibre library to a shared folder on my NAS, and use an app to sync my device to that folder over wifi. After that I have all the books stored on my device. The sync app is run automatically every hour if I charge my tablet.

Last edited by Adoby; 08-05-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
JulieMarie
JulieMarie began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 1
Thanks Adoby. Now that I know it's possible, I'll look into calibredb!
JulieMarie is offline   Reply With Quote