Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-16-2012, 03:40 AM   #1
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Web interface of Calibre Server

Dear all,

Firstly, I have to say sorry if this is not the right forum to post or this question has been posted before.

I have setup Calibre Server, it runs well. The "desktop" interface looks nice and easy to navigate, but the "mobile" inteface doesn't provide the filtering features (by publishers, newest, tags etc.) only searching. On my Samsung Tab 8.9, I do "request desktop site" and it looks good, but in mobile, the "desktop" site is really distorted.

I wonder if anyone has modded the mobile interface?

(I tried Calibre app, but it crashed in my phone)
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I reckon a lot of folks with smaller screens are probably using apps such as Mantano, Aldiko, etc to browse the OPDS feed from the content server. Mantano does an excellent job handling navigation when using a tablet (at least from my experience with a Nook Color).

Unfortunately, the layout of the mobile site is hard coded into Calibre. There are no templates, etc so you're going to have to change the Calibre source code if you want to change the layout. Same is true for the OPDS/Stanza feed.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Same is true for the OPDS/Stanza feed.
It is worth pointing out that the display of an OPDS feed is largely controlled by the client. All the server can do is determine what is a catalog entry and what is a book entry, and the size of pages for a paginated list of entries.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
It is worth pointing out that the display of an OPDS feed is largely controlled by the client. All the server can do is determine what is a catalog entry and what is a book entry, and the size of pages for a paginated list of entries.
True, but the latest OPDS spec does allow for some advanced features (sort, facets, etc) and while few readers support these features (so far, I only know of Mantano Reader for Android), they make navigating large collections a lot easier. Other niceties include relational links in acquisition feeds (e.g. Books by same author, same genre, etc).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:04 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
True, but the latest OPDS spec does allow for some advanced features (sort, facets, etc) and while few readers support these features (so far, I only know of Mantano Reader for Android), they make navigating large collections a lot easier. Other niceties include relational links in acquisition feeds (e.g. Books by same author, same genre, etc).
True - but the specs still leave it up to the client as to how these features should be handled from the look-and-feel perspective as they do not mandate (or even specify) layout criteria.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert