Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #1426
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zab View Post
Finally I downloaded the update and extracted all the files on my computer. First I was suprised because winrar asked me for a password, as I do not know any password, I clicked "cancel", and then I obtained a lot of folders, it seems like a linux tree diagramm (app, bin, boot, dev, etc...), but all the folders seem empty o_O. What should I do?

Thank you very much

ZAB
Don't try to extract the compressed file. Put the compressed file directly in the microsd card and follow the instructions
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #1427
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Hi Booxtor

Should I also install your update even if I did not buy my device at "ereader store" but at "www.onyx-boox.com" (in january)?

Thank you very much

ZAB
It is not possible to install any other fw than the one from your e-shop in your case. Unless there is some kind of hack. Artatech devices have different password for their fw than others m92 devices from other vendors.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #1428
Zab
Zab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Your reply is somehow contradictory with the one of manolo. He said me not to take into account the passwd and to copy the compressed file in my device. Who is right?
Zab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #1429
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Your reply is somehow contradictory with the one of manolo. He said me not to take into account the passwd and to copy the compressed file in my device. Who is right?
both are correct.
To install a firmware, you don't need to extract but the fact is you cannot/shouldn't install firmware from ereader-store on artatech device. There are 2 versions of firmware with 2 different passwords. Plus you will void the warranty of your device and lose TTS feature.

Download latest firmware from artatech site instead
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #1430
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
It's what Feher said.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #1431
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
@ Zab
Mono' s hint about a hack to mariage artatech and booxtor's benefits for artatech alias onyx-boox.com devices could be worth to follow to get rid of those hermetic artatech-nonsense.

Last edited by Dolansky; 05-16-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #1432
kreecher
kreecher began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
This stuff is confusing. :)

double post (this one didn't appear when I pressed the post button, just saw it has now appeared though, bit dumb )

Last edited by kreecher; 05-21-2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: double post
kreecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #1433
kreecher

I purchased my onyx boox m92 before I knew there were different vendors selling the same device, some with Free firmware, others with closed firmware. Now I'm not sure if I need to use Mono's hint about the artatech firmware or if I can just upgrade my device without having to resort to other measures besides a regular installation.

I've got mine from easereader: https://www.easereader.nl/e-readers/...ver-lader.html
And this one is the one from the store Booxtor works for right ? : http://ereader-store.de/en/onyx-boox...m92-white.html

As far as I can tell, these are the same package deals including the ereader, the black cover thingy, the charger, datacable, wacom stylus and quick start guide. Mine also says www.onyx-international.com on the back and the box states it's made in China. So since it doesn't say onyx-boox.com on the back, can I assume mine is not an Artatech device ? And with that, can I assume I can just update Booxtor's firmware ?

Last edited by kreecher; 05-20-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #1434
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
if you don't able to install Booxtor's FW,

did you try seaniko7 M92 Unlocker ?, it seems to unlock password protected FW Favours, hence able to install all free vendors FW like Booxor's

Last edited by Dolansky; 05-20-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #1435
kreecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolansky View Post
if you don't able to install Booxtor's FW,

did you try seaniko7 M92 Unlocker ?, it seems it open closed FW Favours, able to install all the vendors FW like Booxor's
If this was a reply to me: darn, that took me a while to decipher (no offence intended of course)

I do not know if I am able to install booxtor's fw or not, since I haven't tried yet. Before I would give it a go, I was wondering if anybody could deduct (with the info I gave above) if I have an artatech device or not and if I would need such things as the "unlocker" you talked about or not.

I ask because there are warnings about installing booxtors fw on artatech devices. I realise there are some workarounds, since they were already hinted on above by Mono and you.

I just wanted to see which device I had before I try to install new fw. This to attempt to take the right course of action from the start, that's all. I can follow simple guidelines fine, but I'm by no means a tech wiz, so if I were to brick my device, that would be a big issue.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #1436
gettix
gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.gettix can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I'd like to give you a definite answer, but i'm afraid I can't. But maybe I can help a little bit ;-)

1)
As far as I know every vendor except for https://www.onyx-boox.com/ sells an boox m92 ereader which is compatible with booxtors firmware. So that's the first argument to try booxtors firmware

2)
If you don't have ivona tts (text to speech) your ereader is quite surely compatible with booxtors firmware because licensing problems because of the ivona tts is the only reason why artatech uses a different firmware (basically it's only the zip password which is different + ivona tts, the firmware is quite the same) So check if your device has ivona tts and if not chances are good that you can use booxtors firmware

3)
You can just try to update, if the firmware is incompatible it just won't update (because of the different zip-password) - I don't think that will brick your device, it probably just won't update.

But in the end it's your decision and your risk to update. Maybe someone else can give you a definite answer or you contact the store where you bought the device directly and ask them...
gettix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:49 AM   #1437
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
I don't know if it can help to distinguish but on my artatech device,
updated with artatech firmwares branch

i have on main page an icon pointing to a polish bookstore (in polish with material in polish) called booxsource
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #1438
ferlanero
ferlanero began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92 Booxtor Edition - iLiad 2nd Edition
Hi!

I have a problem with last M92 Update 2013-04-25 from Booxtor. When I'm reading any .cbr or .cbz comic file, and I close the file and then I open it again, the device doesn't remember the last page I have been reading before. Someone have this problem too or it's just me? I can solve this problem if I reflash the Update?

Thanks in advance.
ferlanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #1439
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
hi ferlanero.
you are not alone, it's a long time defect :-(
Most of developers work seems to go in enhancing the pdfreader application.

the funny part is that the "preview icon" reflect the last seen page
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #1440
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hi Kreecher,
The propositions of Gettix are good. For me, you can try to use the Booxtor's firmware, if your device isn't compatible, the update can be done.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote