Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 05:46 AM   #1
Vicscot
Vicscot began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Calibre will not convert full book

Hi there, this is my first post on here, so I ask in advance to be patient with me.

Anyway, I have been try to convert epub files on calibre and after hours of finally getting it to convert, it has only converted the first 2 pages, one which is the cover and the other page is the title page. I have been at this for hours now and I'm really stuck as to what I am doing wrong.

I have the latest version of calibre 0.8.19. my device is a Kindle 3GS +Wifi and I am running windows 7 OS. The books that I am trying to convert are ones that I managed to get from my Iphone, and all of them are epub files

Please help.

Thank you
Vicscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:48 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
What format are you trying to convert the epub file to?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 05:55 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It is likely that the problem is with the source epub file. Are the epub files DRM free? This is a requirement for Calibre to be able to convert them successfully. As an example any books downloaded from the Apple store are extremely likely to be DRM protected.

One simple chech - does the book show up OK in the Calibre viewer (which is an epub viewer)? It will not if it is DRM protected.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote