Old 05-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #1441
ferlanero
ferlanero began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92 Booxtor Edition - iLiad 2nd Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
hi ferlanero.
you are not alone, it's a long time defect :-(
Most of developers work seems to go in enhancing the pdfreader application.

the funny part is that the "preview icon" reflect the last seen page
Oh, shit! I think as the M92 has a perfect screen to read comics, the dev's should put attention on these silly issues... I hope they focus on the cbr-cbz format too
ferlanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #1442
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
anybody of these sw hacker here around want to try to crosscompile a cbr/cbz reader for linux and qt ?
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #1443
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferlanero View Post
Oh, shit! I think as the M92 has a perfect screen to read comics, the dev's should put attention on these silly issues... I hope they focus on the cbr-cbz format too
here you have the collected bugs

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202753
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #1444
ferlanero
ferlanero began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92 Booxtor Edition - iLiad 2nd Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Thanks! I see there that the bug I mentioned is already reported. Hopefully someone could fix it!
ferlanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #1445
kreecher
kreecher began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
Thanks for all the responses, I'm now pretty sure I have one I can just upgrade. I'm going to try the upgrade because there's a couple of things I like in the firmware that my device doesn't do.

That and I hope it'll fix an issue I've been having. My laptop died on me whilst my onyx m92 was connected to put some books on there. So it didn't get disconnected the way it should have been. Since then, every time I turn on my ebook, it first opens a page of a book that's no longer on there. Then I have to wait until it closes said page. After that I have to wait until my reader opens the book I was actually reading. Quite annoying. Yes I have done a full reset of the device and put all my books back on after that, but the issue persists. So I hope the other FW will fix it.
kreecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #1446
paralleluniverse
Enthusiast
paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
I've tried to update the device, however I get the message "update not found".

I copied the zip file into an SD card and followed the instructions (turn on the device while holding joystick). The zip file is the only thing on the SD card. The SD card is FAT32.

I believe this is basically the same as the problem here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184626

Also, I did get my device from Booxtor's store. Can anyone help me.

Last edited by paralleluniverse; 05-26-2013 at 05:52 AM.
paralleluniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:21 AM   #1447
FMP
Enthusiast
FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post

I copied the zip file into an SD card and followed the instructions (turn the device while holding joystick). The zip file is the only thing on the SD card. The SD card is FAT32.
I had this issue with the last update containing the new multitasking feature (which btw I very much recommend), using my main SD card (which I checked was not locked). I decided to try with another SD card, and it worked. I don't have an explanation for this. Hope it helps.
FMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #1448
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post

I copied the zip file into an SD card and followed the instructions (turn on the device while holding joystick). The zip file is the only thing on the SD card. The SD card is FAT32.

I believe this is basically the same as the problem here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184626

Also, I did get my device from Booxtor's store. Can anyone help me.
You could try to format your SD card.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #1449
Nikohl
Nikohl began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox m92
how to run software

Hi,

I got my Onyx Boox m92 some weeks ago and want to install some software/tweaks which are listed in the boox m92 wiki. Everything I found was simply copy the .oar-files to the internal memory and start them - but this does not work... When I activate the file with the pen the loading symbol appears for a second or so but nothing happens.
What is my mistake?
A firmware update worked fine. So now the device has version 1.8 20130425

Thanks for help,
Markus
Nikohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:11 AM   #1450
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Usually, once installed, you'll find your program under "applications".
Different programs don't need to be installed, so they'll work simply clicking on them.
cheers
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #1451
Nikohl
Nikohl began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox m92
thanks for reply and that is what I thought how it should work but it doesn't...
For example, I have copied the file 'calculator.oar' to the internal memory but when I click on it the "running circle" appears busy for 2 seconds, disappears and the file folder appears as before.
It seems somehow that the program start launching but cancels for what reason ever (permission issues, missing files needed...)
Do I have to login somewhere as administrator to run/install third party software?
Thanks for help
Nikohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #1452
vvilmos
Connoisseur
vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.

Device: Onyx M92, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikohl View Post
thanks for reply and that is what I thought how it should work but it doesn't...
For example, I have copied the file 'calculator.oar' to the internal memory but when I click on it the "running circle" appears busy for 2 seconds, disappears and the file folder appears as before.
It seems somehow that the program start launching but cancels for what reason ever (permission issues, missing files needed...)
Do I have to login somewhere as administrator to run/install third party software?
Thanks for help
calculator.oar (I suppose this is the 80,684 bytes one) is designed for
an older Onyx device (6 inches) and does non work for M92.
BTW, if you are interested in a scientific calculator with graphical
capabilities, see a JavaScript one e.g.:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196658
vvilmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #1453
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wish to have a RPN scientific calculator ... Some could make this
Old 06-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #1454
vvilmos
Connoisseur
vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.

Device: Onyx M92, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I wish to have a RPN scientific calculator ... Some could make this
There are plenty of such calculators on the net.
I have stripped down one of them.
Unfortunately the display is not very fast
(it should be optimized for eink).
Attached Files
File Type: zip rpn.zip (2.0 KB, 213 views)
vvilmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:33 AM   #1455
Randy11
Wizard

Thanks Vvilmos ! I'm going to try this.

A calculator with an htm file, it's surprising.