Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
jonalbert
jonalbert began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Getting Fonts from epub to azw3?

I export from InDesign to epub format with embedded fonts. When I bring the file into Calibre and use "tweak book" the fonts are included. If I convert this file in Calibre to AZW3 and view that file in tweak book, there is a font folder but it is empty.
Is there a way to convert this so that the embedded fonts remain in the AZW3 format?

Thanks

Jon
jonalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The fonts are obfuscated. They won't work in AZW3. You'll have to fix the ePub so the fonts are normal after the ePub is exported from InDesign.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@JSWolf: calibre conversion handles obfuscated fonts automatically.

@jonalbert: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
jonalbert
jonalbert began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I have the latest Calibre, which I used to make the conversion, but fonts are not showing up
jonalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonalbert View Post
I have the latest Calibre, which I used to make the conversion, but fonts are not showing up
Follow the guidelines for reporting a conversion problem that Kovid linked to in post 3 above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Moderator Notice
Moved to Conversion forum.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-20-2013 at 10:00 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonalbert View Post
With the KF8 file loaded on your K3, go to the AA menu and turn on the publisher font.

With KF8, the embedded font is not displayed by default. You have to actually have to select it (publisher font) to be displayed.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote