Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-21-2018, 02:14 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
All of those </p><br> are invalid. Even if you fixed it to be </p><br/>, it would still be wrong. The <br/> has to be before the </p>. <br/> cannot be on their own.
I was trying to correct the errors I saw in his code that kept it from validating. While it is recommended that <br /> be used only inside other elements, epubcheck does not show an error when using it as a standalone element. Personally, I would use a CSS for those paragraphs with a top/bottom margin.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:18 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I was trying to correct the errors I saw in his code that kept it from validating. While it is recommended that <br /> be used only inside other elements, epubcheck does not show an error when using it as a standalone element. Personally, I would use a CSS for those paragraphs with a top/bottom margin.
I too would do without the <br /> and use a CSS class.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2018, 02:22 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I too would do without the <br /> and use a CSS class.
Yup. More flexible. At least, no use of wbr was made.

Anyhow, I think it's time to let this thread go. Remedial ebook creation is not a topic I really want to spend that much time on unless I'm being paid.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:27 PM   #19
writingboy
writingboy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Holy Hannah! I followed jackie_w's suggestion first because it seemed the simplest to start with, and lo, and behold...! Well, iTunes Producer liked that one. How about that?

Thank you to jackie_w and all of you for trying to help me with this EPUB acceptance - I still think they make it way too complicated, but it's the name of this game and I never would have flagged that stupid " in the wrong place on my own. Yes, time to close this thread and I appreciate everyone's input!

Now on to selling this sucker...whole 'nother ballgame. LOL
writingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:10 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by writingboy View Post
Holy Hannah! I followed jackie_w's suggestion first because it seemed the simplest to start with, and lo, and behold...! Well, iTunes Producer liked that one. How about that?

Thank you to jackie_w and all of you for trying to help me with this EPUB acceptance - I still think they make it way too complicated, but it's the name of this game and I never would have flagged that stupid " in the wrong place on my own. Yes, time to close this thread and I appreciate everyone's input!

Now on to selling this sucker...whole 'nother ballgame. LOL
Good to hear it validated and you can move on to the "fun" part.
Advert

Tags
calibre, ibooks, itunes