Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-27-2008, 05:03 AM   #1
golcarlily
golcarlily began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
BeBook update

Hi all

I'm new arouind here and have a problem.
When I try to dowlnoad BeBook software update, IE says download is complete even though only a few Mb have been downloaded instead of the actual 55Mb full file, or the download just stops entirely.

I have contatced BeBook who say try again when site is less busy. If Itry any more I will exceed my ISP's d/l limit !

Help !

G.S.
golcarlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 AM   #2
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Depending on your browser, there should be an option to clear "temporary internet files".

Do that and try to download again. This is because the first time you've downloaded the update, it got corrupted somehow. The file remains in your computer's caché, and the browser will use it instead of really re-downloading it.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #3
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Hi there, and welcome.

If your ISP still allows you to download a 40MB-file:

I uploaded the newest firmware update as a .rar-file to my server:
http://avhproductions.be/files/beboo...k-20080804.rar
(which is not busy at all)

Try downloading it from there, unpack it with WinRAR or a similar tool, and follow the rest of the procedure as described on the BeBook-website:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBook-website
2. Copy the file into the root of an SD card. (The storage capacity of the SD card should not exceed 1GB, the SD card should be FAT16 formatted)

3. Insert the SD card into the BeBook ereader.

4. Press and hold the V+ button (Volume up button, which is on the top of the right side of the
device),switch on the device.

5. The update interface appears and press OK to begin the update. And wait until it is finished.

6. Reset the BeBook.
If your ISP does not allow you to download anymore, just be patient and try again later

Good luck!

P.S.: if you want to verify the file's integrity: the size of the RAR-file should be 38.550.005 bytes, and the MD5 hash is 7f993ec95146afd120b2084ab1e8e933
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi G.S. and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Would also suggest using a third party download manager like Flashget (www.flashget.com).

I've found that a much more reliable way to download large files, especially if the download stalls and you want to resume it.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #6
ricou
Enthusiast
ricou doesn't litterricou doesn't litter

Device: bebook
Hello everyone,
I am new on this forum.

I just purchased an ebook reader (bebook). I am very happy with it, although I cannot currently read some format (.lit, .txt...).
The new update should have solved that, but I cannot manage to do it properly...

Here is what happens:

I put the bin file on the SD card.

I did as indicated in the step by step procedure.

However when I press the V+ button simultaneously with the on button,
I hear a bip. The following message appear :

version 1.0.5 2008-03-21
Checking Update Data Please wait

(no confirmation or OK to press as indicated in the process).

I have waited for 30 minutes. Nothing happens. The update message is still on.

Is it supposed to last this long ? Should I rest the bebook ?

Anyone else faced the same issue ?
Many thanks for your help.

ricou
ricou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #7
garthoid
Enthusiast
garthoid is on a distinguished road

Device: axim, bebook, BPDN
I saw the same thing. To get around this I:

1. Made sure it was fully charged.
2. Made sure the bin file was the only thing on the sd card.
3. I made sure I had no large books on the bebook memory.

What I noticed is that it was backing up existing files from its memory. If you bumped into this problem a couple of times it will have multiple backups.

I get farther in the process but I still have problems getting past step 5 in it upgrade process.

Good Luck

G
garthoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
bassul
bassul began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
I have the same thing, I tried upgrading with the cable connected. I'll try chargin first.

garthoid, how much time (minutes, seconds) does it take to get to the update interface ?
bassul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #9
inge
inge began at the beginning.

Device: bebook
hi, I had the same issue, but then I tried to really extract the file instead of copying it. I extracted the file onto the mem.card. Then I held the plus button and then pressed the " on" button and I only released the plus button when I saw the interface coming. (in the meantime heard 1 beep) Then I heard two beeps when i released and then i got the question. I hope this helps.
inge is offline   Reply With Quote