Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 04-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
Togg
Togg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-t1
Epub capable ebook reader for win7 with commandline options (CLI)

I'm looking for an epub capable application that supports command input from commandline after the application has been opened for at least next page and previous page.

The reason for this is that I'd like to have an ebook open on my secondary monitor while doing certain activities in fullscreen, like use downtime in certain games to read a bit. The downside of my current solution (calibre ebook viewer) is that I can't issue previous/next page commands without alt tabbing and some games do not support windows fullscreen making turning to the next page inconvenient.

If such an application exists I was planning to assign one of the macro keys to issue an instruction like: c:\pathtoprogram\program.exe /nextpage. An alternative solution could be a program that'll accept setting things as global hotkeys (key combination that'll trigger the command even when its not the active program)

Any such application or other suitable solutions in other ways would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Togg; 04-14-2013 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Global hotkey idea
Togg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Togg
Togg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-t1
Well I guess I'll get back to my badly named thread that I coudln't rename with an edit.

Both powershell and vbscript didn't want to cooperate too well (both requiring the window to be active to send a keystroke to it, causing inconvenient alt tabbing like effects when switching to the ebook viewer, and then refusing to switch back to the fullscreen program). But turned out autohotkey was the right tool for the job.

Got this in the script file:

^!u::
ControlSend ,,{PGDN},E-book Viewer
return

^!i::
ControlSend ,,{PGUP},E-book Viewer
return

I suppose they could be turned into one liners, but anyway it works and then the keyboard macro buttons are assigned to ctrl + alt + u/i
Togg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
windows cli commandline