Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-15-2018, 04:01 AM   #1
holysmoer
Enthusiast
holysmoer began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 2
[PROBLEM] Kobo Aura One freezing after firmware

As in the title,after I tried to install the last firmware manually (I did in the past without problems) the Kobo don't start properly. I attach short video to understand better. I thanks everyone could help me somehow.

Some more info:
- I have Kobo Aura One since 14 months without any problems
- previous version was 4.2 and I manually update to 4.12 (the last one in december)
- I just copy (as in the past) the kobo files in the .ko directory
Attached Files
File Type: avi 1.avi (4.67 MB, 208 views)
holysmoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 06:56 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, the video doesn't really show anything. It shows the dancing squares which are normal when you start a Kobo device. Then the screen goes black. Does it power off? Something else? There is also no indication of whether you had simply turned it on, or done something else. Or what happened after you tried to install the update.

But, you will probably need to do a manual factory reset as describe on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...Aura_Edition_2.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 03:34 PM   #3
holysmoer
Enthusiast
holysmoer began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, the video doesn't really show anything. It shows the dancing squares which are normal when you start a Kobo device. Then the screen goes black. Does it power off? Something else? There is also no indication of whether you had simply turned it on, or done something else. Or what happened after you tried to install the update.

But, you will probably need to do a manual factory reset as describe on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...Aura_Edition_2.
Hi David,yes after the dancing squares it went black and stay like this :-/
I made a manual factory reset and now everything is fixed. Btw thanks for your help
holysmoer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura one, firmware, kobo, problem with installation