Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-25-2024, 07:57 PM   #1
nemo02
nemo02 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Editing MOBI ToC

Is there a way that I can use the Edit ToC tool in Calibre to edit a MOBI table of contents? When I open the tool, EPUB seems to be the only output format that can be edited.

I'm trying to promote two headings on the second level to the first level, which worked fine when I used Edit ToC with the EPUB format. My input to the MOBI conversion is the DOCX file that was the input to the EPUB conversion, not the EPUB output.
nemo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 08:51 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
No. You can edit an ePub or an azw3/KF8 file. You could try the azw3 since it is a better format and works with all but a few of the oldest Kindles.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2024, 05:33 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Only convert docx to epub, then check it in Editor.
Only convert to mobi or azw3 from epub.
Only use old mobi for K1. K2, DX and DXG, update FW on other kindles if azw3/KF8 doesn't work.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote