Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-11-2017, 07:16 AM   #1
RoibertAH
RoibertAH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Why won't it save as .Mobi?

I have Calibre on my PC and I can save titles as .mobi with the option (right click on a title) Save To Disk -> Save only MOBI format to disk...

I wanted my wife to have the same program so I loaded Calibre onto her PC but the equivalent menu option says ePUB not Mobi ????? I have looked and looked and fiddled and played and cursed - but sll to no avail ...

HELP (Please).

Thanks.

Robert.
RoibertAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:57 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Behavior->Preferred Output Format change it to MOBI
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
RoibertAH

MANY THANKS

Hi,

Thanks kovidgoyal - so easy once it's pointed out
Old 01-11-2017, 01:25 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Do you have an OLD Kindle?

AZW3 is better for modern (K4>) Kindles
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #5
RoibertAH

Hi 'theducks' - Thanks - it was just a general questions as I wanted my wife to be able to prepare some .mobi files for our new online store that sells eBooks.
Advert
Old 01-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoibertAH View Post
Hi 'theducks' - Thanks - it was just a general questions as I wanted my wife to be able to prepare some .mobi files for our new online store that sells eBooks.
Good luck with your new store.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote