Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 07-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
sstickeler
sstickeler began at the beginning.

Device: none
EZ Reader Rebate - PO Box Closed??

Anyone try to redeem their rebate from the July 4th $30 Fry's rebate promotion for the Astak EZ Reader? I just submitted mine a couple of days ago and it came back to me with a note from the post office that the PO box is closed!

RobertB, can you help?

Thanks,
Scott
sstickeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
deltame
deltame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, EZ Reader
I seem to recall there was a phone number on the rebate form, you should try calling the company. By the way, I didn't have a problem with submitting my rebate form -- I have not gotten the rebate but did receive an email about their receiving the form to be processed.
deltame is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Problem with P.O. Box.

Dear All:

I regret very much that the Post Office did NOT know that Astak is a Team Research company. As such, they would not deliver Astak rebates to Team Research and returned them.

This problem has been taken care of.

Please send your rebate materials to:

Astak/Team Research
1911 Hartog Drive
San Jose, CA 95131

Let me know if you have any further problem and I apologize for the confusion and the hassle.

Last edited by Robertb; 07-28-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:06 AM   #4
sstickeler
sstickeler began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks Robert! I will re-send it to the address you listed.
sstickeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:04 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstickeler View Post
Thanks Robert! I will re-send it to the address you listed.
Will you get the cost of the postage for the second mailing and the cost of a second envelope in the rebate check?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2009, 04:17 AM   #6
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Will you get the cost of the postage for the second mailing and the cost of a second envelope in the rebate check?
Seriously!?!?
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
sockmonkey
sockmonkey began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader
I received nothing back from the rebate company. I sent my rebate info earlier this month, the day I received the EZ Reader. Should I assume that my rebate was accepted, or should I assume that the US Postal Service has not yet returned the mail? Will I get this rebate?

Sock
sockmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:53 PM   #8
sockmonkey

Still wondering about this. Is there an official response? I can't be the only one who *hasn't* received returned mail. To be very clear, I sent my rebate via US Postal Service on 7/24/09. In another day, I will be outside the window for the stipulated rebate postmark date (within 30 days of purchase). I've got no return mail from the rebate center mix-up, so of course, I don't have an original UPC cut from the box and I can't re-send what I don't have.

So what do I do?

Sock
Old 08-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #9
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Sockmonkey,

You might want to send an email to this address: service@teamresearchinc.com
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #10
sockmonkey

Thanks for that suggestion, emellaich. Since Robertb asked, in this thread, to be notified if "[we] have any further problem", I guess I assumed that he would actually follow up in this thread.

What do you say, Robertb?

Sock
Old 08-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The normal way a rebate works is that you send in the rebate form and the requested proof of purchase. Then you get nothing back until you get the rebate check in the mail. So not getting any sort of confirmation about the rebate being received is normal.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #12
sockmonkey

Yeah, I get that. I'm a Fat Wallet sort of guy and I've done about 10,000 rebates (slight exaggeration) and this is the most messed up rebate I've ever witnessed. Since Robertb offered to help with any hassle, I'm appealing to that offer of help.

I sent my rebate to an address that was, according to the information in this very thread, wrong. I haven't received anything back from the good old US Postal Service, and now I no longer have any proof of purchase. And the submission time for the rebate has lapsed.

Clear?

Thanks.

Sock
Old 08-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #13
deltame
deltame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, EZ Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
Yeah, I get that. I'm a Fat Wallet sort of guy and I've done about 10,000 rebates (slight exaggeration) and this is the most messed up rebate I've ever witnessed. Since Robertb offered to help with any hassle, I'm appealing to that offer of help.

I sent my rebate to an address that was, according to the information in this very thread, wrong. I haven't received anything back from the good old US Postal Service, and now I no longer have any proof of purchase. And the submission time for the rebate has lapsed.
In terms of proof of purchase, I suppose you made a copy of the filled out form, so you could fax it in if necessary to beat the submission deadline. I posted earlier that there is a phone number printed on the rebate form so if you are so inclined, you already have access to their support number to follow-up for what they would prefer you do in such a mailing address mix-up situation. I'm sure their customer service department would take care of you.

I wouldn't count on Robertb to check in to this forum thread every few days for customer service. There is a forum option to send an offline email to another member and you could have used that method to contact him if you are that worried.
deltame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #14
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Sorry, Sock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post

Clear?

Thanks.

Sock
Emellaich had the right idea: send to service@teamresearchinc.com. I also just gave you a personal email address. I am so sorry for not getting back sooner. I was not able to go online for about three weeks while you were posting. Since I try to limit the MobileRead stuff now a bit... I missed this thread.

I AM certainly sorry and appreciate your patience. Let Walter work with you and try to get this resolved. He is the In-Charge Guy on Customer Service.

Thank you... you do have my apology and I do mean it!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #15
sockmonkey

Appreciate the help, everyone. I don't want to be the annoyingly excessive squeaky wheel (probably too late, that), so I'll bow out for now and update later on the progress in the hope that at least one anonymous lurker might find this info useful. Thanks again!

Sock