Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #46
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Hmm I've ordered to ink blue. I saw that one of the reviewers on YouTube had the blue one and it looked nice. Now I like the look of the pink one though! I've got the pink lighted cover for my k3, the black lighted cover for my touch, I suppose I should go for another colour.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #47
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I wanted the ink blue (reminds me of the Sony PRS-500) but the black could arrive with my kindle so I ordered black instead.
BenG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #48
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
I wanted the ink blue (reminds me of the Sony PRS-500) but the black could arrive with my kindle so I ordered black instead.
The ink blue reminds me of the case I have for my galaxy note
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #49
ahintz
Zealot
ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle PW/iPhone5/iPad (3)/Nook ST
Here is an updated photo of my cover with the Kindle in it. Really liking how it looks and feels. Folding back the cover works fine, and the cloth interior feels nice to hold.

ahintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:57 AM   #50
astmario
Connoisseur
astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Is it usable in landscape mode?Can you turn it to landscape and prop on bed?
astmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #51
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by astmario View Post
Is it usable in landscape mode?Can you turn it to landscape and prop on bed?
Yes.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #52
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
I thoroughly agree! Cheap feeling and looking to me and I'm on my 5th kindle and have 2 Nooks, have had many other cases. I bought the black. Even worse for me is that when the cover is folded back, it doesn't stay. Lying on left side to read, you can't prop it up without the kindle flopping down. It would still require a strap. I love the feel of good leather and this doesn't feel like it to me, but still the need for a strap may make me return it. Too expensive for what it is, imho.

Last edited by jscris; 10-20-2012 at 03:13 PM.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #53
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Thumbs up

I find the leather cover excellent. I got the black cover and it sits very tight and small on the device. The auto-on auto-off is fantastic and makes the reader feel much more like a book. I would love a more leathery feel but not if it adds weight or size. Also, I would be concerned that a softer leather cover would be less rugged and more subject to damage.

I can see the aesthetic objections but it really works for me.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #54
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Can we get pictures of the black on black please? I'm curious to see how the border looks
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #55
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Here's mine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350843891.406886.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	94585

As you can see, they blend seamlessly together (well, IMO ).

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #56
elsussman
Connoisseur
elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite, kindle voyage and android kindle app
can anyone tell me what the dimensions of the kindle paperwhite cover are. I wonder if it will still fit in the pocket of my jacket
elsussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #57
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsussman View Post
can anyone tell me what the dimensions of the kindle paperwhite cover are. I wonder if it will still fit in the pocket of my jacket
It's about 7 by 5 inches.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #58
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Has anyone tried different covers for their PW to see how they compare? Would you consider the Amazon cover to be lightweight?
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #59
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
Has anyone tried different covers for their PW to see how they compare? Would you consider the Amazon cover to be lightweight?
I consider it lightweight, yes, but the only other cover I tried mine in was an Oberon which was significantly more bulky.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #60
beninma
Enthusiast
beninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Various Kindles, iPad
I got the black cover and love it after finally getting the Kindle... (I've had the cover for weeks).

My only complaint, and I don't care about it being real leather or not, is that it is a little slippery.. the PW without a cover is very easy to hold since the material is so grippy. Both the back of the cover and inside cover (when folded over) are kind of slippery in my opinion.

Overall though, this is the best case I've seen for any e-Reader.. it feels like it offers a lot of protection, it adds minimal bulk & weight, it holds the Kindle incredibly securely (It's *very* difficult to remove!), and it feels/looks very high quality.

I have a Nook Glow right now as well, and the comparison between B&Ns official cover for that and the PW cover is night and day.. the B&N cover makes the Nook much much bigger then the Naked Nook, and that cover is really cheaply made. Mine has not worn well at all in the 6 months I've had it.
beninma is offline   Reply With Quote