Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #496
ShadowDragon
Enthusiast
ShadowDragon has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
According to the Market, RadioTime is the ad-free version of TuneInRadio. It's $2, but you can choose the stream. That station is available at 192kbps.
The option to choose the stream was right there. Thx I did run the 192kb stream but it only came up as 128kb. Fine by me, anything is better than 32kb.
ShadowDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #497
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I did a thread search and couldn't find it mentioned, so here's another little tidbit:

If your phone will support infrastructure mode (and for you Droid X users it does), Wireless Tether for Root 2.0.6 and the NOOKcolor work very well together... so I'm told.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #498
ShadowDragon
Enthusiast

It seem the free Barnes & Noble Nook app is not available internationally. Does anyone know where I might find it?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #499
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
It seem the free Barnes & Noble Nook app is not available internationally. Does anyone know where I might find it?
It doesn't work on the rooted NOOKcolor if that's why you're seeking it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5210431/nook_2.4.apk

Last edited by SCION; 01-10-2011 at 08:27 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #500
ShadowDragon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
It doesn't work on the rooted NOOKcolor if that's why you're seeking it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5210431/nook_2.4.apk
oh well thx tho.
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #501
Ankaa
Enthusiast
Ankaa began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Skype is not working. What a pitty. I notice that the NC doesn't have a microphone, but I primarily use Skype for texting and would love to do that on the bigger keyboard than my iphone
Ankaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #502
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankaa View Post
Skype is not working. What a pitty. I notice that the NC doesn't have a microphone, but I primarily use Skype for texting and would love to do that on the bigger keyboard than my iphone
Others wish to use it for the same purpose.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #503
Ankaa
Enthusiast

Yeah, and that's why it's a pitty that it isn't working

Does anybody know of an App that displays raw images?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #504
debteb
Connoisseur
debteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litter

Device: NOOKcolor, EVO, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Does anybody know of an App that displays raw images?
Any particular reason you want the RAW image format? RAW image occupies more space on the device, unless you want the raw output for debugging or app development purposes.
debteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #505
Ankaa
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by debteb View Post
Any particular reason you want the RAW image format? RAW image occupies more space on the device, unless you want the raw output for debugging or app development purposes.
Yes. I'm taking pictures in RAW and it would be an awesome possibility to check pictures on the way on a bigger screen without taking my macbook.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #506
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Yes. I'm taking pictures in RAW and it would be an awesome possibility to check pictures on the way on a bigger screen without taking my macbook.
Some cameras can save both a raw and a jpg when they take a photo. If yours can then you could view the corresponding jpgs on the Nook.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #507
Gdzhlpr
Connoisseur
Gdzhlpr began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discourse View Post
I found a video of the rooted NC running the Android Kindle app here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEIsOGB8s3U for those who are interested.
Thanks, I bought an 8g card last night at costco just for this purpose. I am going to try and root my nc today sometime. I'm really looking for a calendar app. If I set it up with gcalendar I can get it to sync with my bberry and outlook. I was really just interested in being able to see the calendar the blackberry font is just a little small.
Gdzhlpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #508
Ankaa
Enthusiast

zartemis, I know that my camera can save both RAW and jpg, but I prefer a RAW-viewer on the Nook to loosing space on the card
Old 01-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #509
LaurieGator
Crazy Cat Lady
LaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 2i, Nook Color (Rooted)
Deleted and starting a thread for the question

Last edited by LaurieGator; 01-14-2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Wrong place to post question
LaurieGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #510
Gdzhlpr
Connoisseur
Gdzhlpr began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
Here are all of the apps that I have installed right now (all working). I've had many others, but these are my keepers so far.

Whew!!!
Nice list, I was just going to post a question asking what has been tried and dumped and found to be the best. With the nook being so new I did not expect to see this list!

I am a noob to the forums still but would be interested if there is a poll function for best of aps (catagories) for instance, I'm interested in a battery indicator and a wifi widget and there are so many expert users here it would be nice to not have to troubleshoot.

I'm also interested in what there may be out there as far as securing ones info when on a public wifi. I use a card for my laptop so I have no worries when I'm traveling until I can get a hotspot card I'm concerned about using my nook in the airport.

Thanks for any and all input.

Gdzhlpr is offline   Reply With Quote