Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-02-2018, 09:22 AM   #61
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Huh, if anything, I'd have expected the 3G variants to be the more finicky ones... .

@downeaster59: I'll merge a few minor things to workaround a few of the fonts issues later today, I doubt it'll solve anything, but it can't hurt. I'll give you a heads up when it's up, and we'll try running in debug mode, to see if anything else pops up in the logs that way...

EDIT: Out in 1755 .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-02-2018 at 10:53 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:19 PM   #62
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Huh, if anything, I'd have expected the 3G variants to be the more finicky ones... .

@downeaster59: I'll merge a few minor things to workaround a few of the fonts issues later today, I doubt it'll solve anything, but it can't hurt. I'll give you a heads up when it's up, and we'll try running in debug mode, to see if anything else pops up in the logs that way...

EDIT: Out in 1755 .
Well, my device is surely finicky!

When I start KOReader in "no framework" mode, it seems to run as expected - with the exception that, when I open a book, it first appears upside down. I need to tilt my KOA2 just a bit for the book to flip to the correct orientation.

When I start KOReader in "normal" mode", I come to the file browser. No matter what I select - or try to select - it takes me one level "up" in the file system. When it can't go any further "up", it freezes. I can pull up the top or bottom menus, but tapping anything has no effect. The only way out is to reboot.

How would I run this in debug mode?

If I'm the only one experiencing these problems, this might not be worth your while, as I have other ways to read ePubs and the like. But if others are finding the same issues, then this could help them as well. Thanks!

PS - I have installed 1755...
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This thread belongs in the KOReader forum as it's about KOReader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #64
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi, Jon,

In response, here is a quote from the OP of the Kindle-KOReader thread in the KOReader forum. The OP is here:

"Please address any Kindle-specific questions (e.g. device integration, getting KOReader to run, anything where it matters that you are using a Kindle and not a Kobo/Pocketbook/Android) in the Kindle Developer's Corner."

I would argue that this thread does belong here, based on this quote.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #65
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@downeaster59:

Orientation being wonky in no framework mode doesn't suprise me, because there's some shenanigans involving the framework needed to figure out the Oasis's original rotation .

As for the rest, it vaguely looks like either the orientation is badly detected, or the touch input device (which would send touch events in the "wrong" place, which could easily lead to the kind of behavior you're seeing).

What's strange is that we should specifically be doing things to avoid this kind of issue, because it happened for the original Oasis, because of a subtle difference between the 3G variant and the others .

See post #30 for instructions on how to enable debug mode.

My best guess is that this specific variant has a weird HW quirk, so if debug mode doesn't help figure things out, I'm afraid I'll need some of the same kind of info I asked @7hir7een for, and that requires USBNet/SSH, unfortunately .

@JSWolf: That kind of remark in a post with a subforum moderator AND KOReader developper active took some kind of guts. I won't bother adressing this further, since it's just been done perfectly.
(To add insult to injury, @downeaster59 specifically asked if we should continue in this thread in his original answer, so, yeaaaaaah, your overzealousness is duly noted, but thanks, we're good .).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-02-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Advert
Old 07-02-2018, 02:18 PM   #66
downeaster59
Wizard

@NiLuJe: Thanks for the link for debug mode. I'll get to that at some point today and post the results.

Well, if it comes to USBNet, it'll give me a reason to learn something about it in the process. Aaaaannnddd, it may prove useful in other ways as well! All good.

I can go over your exchange with @7hir7een and get a sense of what is involved.

Thanks again.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:34 PM   #67
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@downeaster59: I guess I can also put the bits I need in a custom KUAL extension and ask you to install & use that, and send me some files it'll create instead .

I think I did something of the sort already at one point of the KOA2 stuff, so I should have a skeleton ready to go .
Old 07-02-2018, 02:53 PM   #68
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@downeaster59: Here goes for the KUAL approach .

Unpack at the root like any other KUAL extension, click it once, and send me the KOA2_NiLuJe_test.txt ile it'll have dumped (at the root, again).

EDIT: Oops, fixed it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KOA2-KO-test.zip (3.0 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-02-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:25 PM   #69
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
@downeaster59: Here goes for the KUAL approach .

Unpack at the root like any other KUAL extension, click it once, and send me the KOA2_NiLuJe_test.txt ile it'll have dumped (at the root, again).
I may be doing something wrong, because I can't find that txt file:

I've unpacked this at the root. I go to KUAL in my KOA2. Under the "Helper" heading, I see "Test KOA2 Stuff". I click that, and then see "Done" appear at the bottom of the display.

Then, when I search for that txt file, I cannot find it! Have I missed something?
Old 07-02-2018, 03:35 PM   #70
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@downeaster59: No, you haven't, I indeed did something wrong, lemme double check .
Old 07-02-2018, 03:40 PM   #71
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yep, another stupid typo .

I updated the attachment in the earlier post, this time it should behave properly .
Old 07-02-2018, 03:52 PM   #72
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Yep, another stupid typo .

I updated the attachment in the earlier post, this time it should behave properly .

That did it!
Attached Files
File Type: txt KOA2_NiLuJe_test.txt (3.7 KB, 117 views)
Old 07-02-2018, 03:57 PM   #73
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@downeaster59: Quick question: was is it actually upside down when you were in KUAL?
Old 07-02-2018, 04:00 PM   #74
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
@downeaster59: Quick question: was is it actually upside down when you were in KUAL?
I usually use the KOA2 with the physical buttons on the left. That may be "upside down" - I'm not sure!
Old 07-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #75
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@downeaster59: Yep, that's what I meant .

That's good news, that means it may just be a case of me handling rotation terribly badly .

EDIT: Well the rotation code makes my brain hurt. >_<".

Can you try launching in normal mode, with the device upright (i.e., portrait, buttons on the right)?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-02-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Tags
koa2, koreader