Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
[GUI Plugin] Food Network Recipe Reader

Create an ebook of recipes from foodnetwork.com by entering the urls of interest

Main Features

Create ebook of foodnetwork.com recipes
Give the ebook a title of your choice
Use generated table of contents to go to particular recipe

Change Log

1.0.2 Ensure plugin keeps working with upcoming calibre 2.0 release

1.0.1 A bug fix for a website change

Initial release.

Special Notes

Requires calibre version 0.8.58 or later.

Usage

Click Food Network Recipe Reader button
Enter a title for the ebook (optional)
If you do not enter a title, the title will be the same as that of the first recipe
Enter URL of foodnetwork.com recipe.
To enter another URL click "Add another URL" and enter the URL in the field that appears
Repeat till you have entered all the URLs you want
Click OK

A similar plugin exists for Wikipedia pages. See Wiki Reader at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183333

To make a donation for this plugin just click the blue donate button on the top right corner of http://calibre-ebook.com/ and include a message saying "the donation is for Krittika Goyal". Thanks

I have attached an example ebook created using this plugin using links
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/n...ipe/index.html
and
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html
Attached Files
File Type: epub Summer Salads [Wed, 05 Jun 2013] - foodnetwork.com.epub (90.0 KB, 803 views)
File Type: zip food network Recipe Reader.zip (80.7 KB, 172836 views)

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 07-07-2014 at 03:31 AM. Reason: fixing broken plugin
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
tcain51
tcain51 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook BNRV300
Food Network Plugin INstallation Problem

First, thank you thank you thank you! You are a man among men for creating and maintaining Calibre. Bless you!

I installed the Food Network plugin and it works fine. However, from the add plugins page it still shows as "not installed". I tried uninstalling (which it did) and then reinstalling. Still no joy.

No problem for me, but sharing because I thought it might be a bug. Could be a PEBKAC, too. (PEBKAC, most common computer error ever = Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair)

tcain51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2013, 03:11 AM   #3
trekingpan
trekingpan began at the beginning.

Device: nook ios
the plugin is really nice. It is to bad there is no way to go back into the book and add more urls.
trekingpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #4
PawPaw
PawPaw began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Food Network Plugin Not Working

I have tried the Food Network Plugin but all it does is just provide hyperlinks, unlike your epub shown for "Summer Salads [Wed, 05 Jun 2013] - foodnetwork.com.epub"

I have the latest Calibre and your plugin;
Here is what is shown on one of the pages
This article was downloaded by calibre from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ler-recipe.htm. See attached epub.
Hope you can be of some help.

Thanks
PawPaw
Attached Files
File Type: epub Cobbler [Sat, 05 Jul 2014] - foodnetwork.com.epub (95.4 KB, 493 views)
PawPaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:06 AM   #5
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
fixed plugin

I have now fixed this plugin. the webpage had been changed to the content was not being fetched correctly anymore. thanks for bringing it to my notice.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 07-06-2014 at 05:12 AM.
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #6
sbergstc
sbergstc began at the beginning.

Device: none
I realize this thread is quite old, but I'd like to know if this plugin still works. I've been trying to compile a small list of recipe URLs to make a test book, but all I get is a TOC that has "Articles" and then the next page has a list of the Recipe names, but no further pages so the recipe links go nowhere. See my attached screenshot.

The available example shows full recipes and that is what I'm trying to accomplish.

Another question is whether the other two plugins, Big Oven and Allrecipes, work. I'll try those...

If they don't work, should they still be included as available plugins?

Thanks,
sbergstc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	175423  
sbergstc is offline   Reply With Quote