Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-09-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
Calibre can't find my library

My Calibre Library was accidentally deleted in Windows 7. After restoring from the recycle bin Calibre doesn't seem to be able to show me my library. Any suggestions?
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #2
higgs
Connoisseur
higgs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicing

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW3
Click on the Library icon, then Switch/create Library.
Browse to where your restored library folder is and use the option "Use the previously existing library at the new location"
higgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:51 AM   #3
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes - tried that and it still doesn't come up. I then moved the Library to another location, did the same thing and it still can't seem to find it. Oddly enough I have another smaller Library I used for all work related material, which was also deleted. That one I've had no trouble getting to work using the Switch/Create Library option.

What could I be missing?
Old 01-10-2018, 10:00 AM   #4
higgs
Connoisseur
higgs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicing

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccowie View Post
Yes - tried that and it still doesn't come up. I then moved the Library to another location, did the same thing and it still can't seem to find it. Oddly enough I have another smaller Library I used for all work related material, which was also deleted. That one I've had no trouble getting to work using the Switch/Create Library option.

What could I be missing?
What do you mean by "it still doesn't come up" and "it still can't seem to find it"?
Are you getting an error message? Can you not navigate to the library location?
Is the metadata.db file in the library folder?
higgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #5
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader

I'm not getting an error message, I'm just not getting my library. I do not have a metadata.db file. I have a few other files including metadata_db_prefs_backup.json
Old 01-10-2018, 12:00 PM   #6
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
I'm not getting an error message, I'm just not getting my library. I do not have a metadata.db file. I have a few other files including metadata_db_prefs_backup.json
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...libre-is-blank

Spoiler:
Quote:
  • Your metadata.db file was deleted/corrupted. In this case, you can ask calibre to rebuild the metadata.db from its backups. Right click the calibre icon in the calibre toolbar and select Library maintenance->Restore database. calibre will automatically rebuild metadata.db.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:35 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
metadata.db IS the visible Library

Are you sure you are looking at a 'Calibre Library structure"? Inside an authors folder, there will be Title folders with names that always end in a number in paren (###)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:15 AM   #8
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
If the library was too big for the recycle bin, then essential parts are lost
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote