Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 06:03 AM   #2086
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendiar View Post
Lool, and never try enter 111222777 code as password or parental control password.
- - - - -
If the device had been jailbroken before you entered that, it might be possible to recover on devices older than 8th. generation.

Immediately after entering that code -
Re-install the hotfix (you will have to use MrPI to install it).
You may have to re-install MrPI and KUAL first to get MrPI working again.

If that does not work -
Install RP (Rescue Pack), use that to boot to the 'diags' system and manually run the hotfix scripting rather than run it from a menu or searchbar command.
(The hotfix package is written to be run from either the 'main' or the 'diags' OS and still "do the right thing".)

Report back on what you try and what the result is.
It is important to report both things that do not work and those that do.
Include device nickname and firmware version running when you made the attempts.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:38 AM   #2087
Elendiar
Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Re-install the hotfix
But how reinstall all that? Update Kindle inactive, Kual dont runnings with "Error: This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item"

Kindle PW3 5.8.9.2(3179290002)
Elendiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:03 AM   #2088
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
But how reinstall all that? Update Kindle inactive, Kual dont runnings with "Error: This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item"

Kindle PW3 5.8.9.2(3179290002)
That message is the result of no developer keys.
The 'hotfix' package is what installs the developer keys.
Catch 22, you are SOL.

Unless:
Do you have kTerm installed?
Do you have Rescue Pack (RP) installed?
Can you run MrPI from the search bar?

= = = =

Guess what? I wrote:
Quote:
Remove any device passcode or parental control passcode you may have set.
as part of Step #0 for a good reason.

= = = =

If the answers to all three questions above are "no", then turn your irrepressible curiosity loose on learning to install the jailbreak using the serial port:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
Old 06-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #2089
Elendiar
Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Elendiar solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Can you run MrPI from the search bar?
Ohh, i put resque pack in mrpi folder, enter ;log mrpi now and kindle rebooted with installing message!
===========================================
Jailbreak surviving after factory reset from KPW3 5.8.9.2 confirmed!
Dummy test OK, Screensaver hack works, knc1 thanks !

Last edited by Elendiar; 06-19-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:03 AM   #2090
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Ohh, i put resque pack in mrpi folder, enter ;log mrpi now and kindle rebooted with installing message!
Jailbreak surviving after factory reset from 5.8.9.2 confirmed!
Dummy test OK, Screensaver hack works, knc1 !
Now do the same with the hotfix package to get KUAL working again.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:04 PM   #2091
Elendiar

Quote:
Now do the same with the hotfix package to get KUAL working again.
KUAL starts, but with no cover, and no reaction on tapping. Menus open, but, when i try see usbnetwork status, or device info, nothing happens.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:03 PM   #2092
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
KUAL starts, but with no cover, and no reaction on tapping. Menus open, but, when i try see usbnetwork status, or device info, nothing happens.
  • Go to this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1597
  • Download the attached zip archive file.
  • Open the archive file, remove the only: Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin
    file.
  • Put that in the /mrpackages directory of your Kindle
  • Remove USB cable
  • in the search bar, enter:
    ;log mrpi

You asked how to fix your problem, that is how to fix your problem, try just following the directions rather than making up your own.
If making up your own would work, then you would not have had to ask for help.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:02 AM   #2093
Elendiar

Quote:
[list][*]Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin
file.
Delete all kual (was booklet installed - uninstall), reinstall hotfix, copy kual, but still unauthorized. I manually copy keystore file from jb archive to /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore. KUAL opens, cover appears, but usbnetwork still cant configure from menu (pressing "show current version, enable ssh at boot", nothing changes, only "print the current version of the hack" appears on bottom without any info, extensions from KUAL dont starts(power off, calc, etc...)). I start ssh over wifi only after editing config file, not from kual.
Can i just reinstall jailbreak Update_jailbreak_bridge_1.14.N_install.bin from the beginning?

Last edited by Elendiar; 06-20-2017 at 05:02 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:10 AM   #2094
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Delete all kual (was booklet installed - uninstall), reinstall hotfix, copy kual, but still unauthorized. I manually copy keystore file from jb archive to /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore. KUAL opens, cover appears, but usbnetwork still cant configure from menu (pressing "show current version, enable ssh at boot", nothing changes, only "print the current version of the hack" appears on bottom without any info, extensions from KUAL dont starts(power off, calc, etc...)). I start ssh over wifi only after editing config file, not from kual.
Can i just reinstall jailbreak Update_jailbreak_bridge_1.14.N_install.bin from the beginning?
Post the MrPI log file.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #2095
Elendiar

Quote:
Post the MrPI log file.
Ohh, Package 'Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin' (jailbreak hotfix 1.14.N I) is not targeting your FW version [!(2443670049 < 3179290002 < 3018920019)] skipping . . .

My KPW3 is 3179290002.

Last edited by Elendiar; 06-20-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #2096
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Ohh, Package 'Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin' (jailbreak hotfix 1.14.N I) is not targeting your FW version [!(2443670049 < 3179290002 < 3018920019)] skipping . . .

My KPW3 is 3179290002.
Use KindleTool to convert and re-package to include your device.

The directions are posted multiple times, search for them.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:21 AM   #2097
Elendiar

Quote:
Use KindleTool to convert and re-package to include your device.
Thanks, now all works.

kindletool create ota2 -d paperwhite3 -b FC04 Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install_converted.t ar.gz Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_PW3_5892_install.bi n
Attached Files
File Type: bin Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_PW3_5892_install.bin (62.7 KB, 132 views)
Old 06-21-2017, 07:15 AM   #2098
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Thanks, now all works.

kindletool create ota2 -d paperwhite3 -b FC04 Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install_converted.t ar.gz Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_PW3_5892_install.bi n
Thanks for the update.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:00 AM   #2099
thaonphuong
thaonphuong began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader
Hello everyone,

I follow the top post with PW3 (FW 5.8.9.2), serial number is G090 G105 XXXX until step #4, however, option "Update Your Kindle" is greyed out, so i cannot proceed. Could you advise how to get over this? Appreciate for your help

P/S:
- I brought new Kindle Paperwhite 3 with FW 5.8.2.1 out of the box, connect Wi-Fi to register Kindle as suggested in step #0, and unfortunately when i left it overnight, it updated to 5.8.9.2, so "Update Your Kindle" is greyed out
- I did all steps from step #0 to step #4
- I read post #2072 (page 139 of this thread) of sebarkh, but seem sebarkh jailbroke Kindle before upgrade to FW 5.8.9.2
thaonphuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:33 AM   #2100
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaonphuong View Post
Hello everyone,

I follow the top post with PW3 (FW 5.8.9.2), serial number is G090 G105 XXXX until step #4, however, option "Update Your Kindle" is greyed out, so i cannot proceed. Could you advise how to get over this? Appreciate for your help.

P/S:
- I brought new Kindle Paperwhite 3 with FW 5.8.2.1 out of the box, connect Wi-Fi to register Kindle as suggested in step #0, and unfortunately when i left it overnight, it updated to 5.8.9.2, so "Update Your Kindle" is greyed out
- I did all steps from step #0 to step #4
- I read post #2072 (page 139 of this thread) of sebarkh, but seem sebarkh jailbroke Kindle before upgrade to FW 5.8.9.2
Open and read the spoiler at the very top of the first post.
The one that answers the question: "Will this work on my current firmware?"

Note: It does not say: "Will this work on the firmware I used to have?"
If you change the firmware version since you last read and stepped through the steps of that spoiler, you have to do it again.

= = = =

@KindlePower: And I bet you thought that no one would actually do such a thing.
Ref: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=2064

Last edited by knc1; 06-23-2017 at 04:38 AM.