Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #1
eshajan
Enthusiast
eshajan began at the beginning.

Device: franklin ebookman 911
Converting Epub to Imp

Hi, I'm trying to convert Epub files to Imp.
I used the following thread as a guide:
To open a .epub ebook, use the File menu item Open... and ensure the Files of type Archive files (.epub, .oeb) is selected. When the OCF Container Settings screen opens up, click the Unpack button and make a new folder to hold the unpacked ebook contents and save the .opf file within there!

So far so good, I now have an opf file.

A new instance of eBook Publisher will load and be ready to convert that .epub ebook to .imp (be sure to change the Edition Settings... to your preferences). Just close the first instance of the eBook Publisher that remained open.
Happy converting!

Now how do I convert the opf file to imp, and how do I get it onto my EBW 1150.
I use EBW Librarian to manage my ebookshelf.

Any ideas?
eshajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Well, you are almost there....

Continuing with eBook Publisher, select your "Build Target" from the drop down menu, namely "Grayscale Half-VGA".

Select "Edition Settings..." under the Project menu, and change the following:
- under the "Edition Info" tab, select a new unique ID by clicking the "New ID" button and optionally edit any other info to your liking
- under the "Bookstore" tab, enter/select a Bookshelf Category (required)
- under the "Build Options" tab, click the "Compress" and "Underline links" option boxes to turn them on!

Now, go back to the main menu and save your new .opf.

Finally, convert to .imp using "Build Edition..." under the Project menu!

To transfer the final .imp to the EBW1150, just copy the .imp into the EBWLibrarian's default/current bookshelf. After you launch EBWLibrarian, then transfer it to your EBW1150 as usual.

Happy converting!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-08-2011 at 07:53 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
eshajan
Enthusiast

It Works!

Great, I can keep using old faithful, epub looks to be the format of the future.

Is there also a way to use bulkconvert to convert whole folders from epub to imp?

Thanks,

Simon
Old 04-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshajan View Post
Great, I can keep using old faithful, epub looks to be the format of the future.

Is there also a way to use bulkconvert to convert whole folders from epub to imp?

Thanks,

Simon
Yes, a quick and dirty way is to use the "Bulk Convert" program that gets installed along with "eBook Publisher". Just choose your input directory and click the "Options" button to select what to "Process" as the input format (.epub) and what to "Create" as the output format (ETI-2 for EBW1150 .imp). Leave the other options at their default values for now (later experiment). Then click the "Convert" button and wait...

You may have to live with quirks introduced with the automatic nature of this utility, but if you don't like one, then you can redo it manually using the method you've been using above!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #5
eshajan
Enthusiast

Thanks again

I'll be converting happily.
Advert