Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-29-2019, 11:09 AM   #16
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
MAKE Sure that the PW4 Is the Device you pick to Auto Download to under your devices on your PC. It Works!!
It's always been set as my default. That hasn't changed, it's just since this newest firmware it no longer auto-downloads.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:48 AM   #17
R Wilcox
R Wilcox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2nd Gen
Tech support must have done something behind the scenes because - fingers crossed - auto-download has started working again on the replacement Oasis. It's started working on Thursday evening, and is still working now. Or perhaps clearing the kindle's job list took a couple of days to kick in. Or the old joke about complaining on the internet resulting in a magic fix to any problem is true. Not sure. It's also indexing while plugged in and in sleep mode now. Battery life seems a bit better too; I read for half an hour before sleep last night with airplane mode on and the light at 8, and the indicator didn't budge from 100%.

I don't have the 5.11.2 firmware so I can't point to that as the potential solution.

It's taken 5 months of problems, multiple calls to support, and one replacement device, but I now have an Oasis which behaves like my previous three kindles. Hope it lasts because I do love having page turn buttons on my kindles.

For other suffers, it might be worth contacting support. I used the kindle support > problem with a device > problem with ebooks > phone me pathway on the website.
R Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #18
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad your issue has been fixed!
Old 06-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #19
Paperbackstash
Wizard

My problem apparently fixed too. I havent installed the new firmware yet. Working as of this morning - yay!
Old 02-11-2020, 04:06 PM   #20
Paperbackstash
Wizard

This problem has started again for me for the past few weeks without any firmware changes. I'm not sure why this keeps happening with this particular kindle, but it's frustrating. Having to manually select the book to download seems to take it longer to download, too.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:21 PM   #21
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I wonder if it is related to these books being updated from publisher side?
I've noticed some time ago, in the "Your Content and Devices" section on Amazon.com -> Devices -> My Kindle -> View device content: there are some books have a note "Update available".
So maybe your Kindle is trying to download new versions asap?
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:49 PM   #22
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
I wonder if it is related to these books being updated from publisher side?
I've noticed some time ago, in the "Your Content and Devices" section on Amazon.com -> Devices -> My Kindle -> View device content: there are some books have a note "Update available".
So maybe your Kindle is trying to download new versions asap?
You have to specifically click on the web site that you want the updated version. At that point you lose the ability to redownload the old version.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 04:15 PM   #23
R Wilcox
R Wilcox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2nd Gen
The problem is back for me too, since early January. Doesn't matter how long I leave it nothing will automatically download. Meanwhile my mother's paperwhite and my old kindle on the same account both auto-download without issue.

I'd contact customer service and ask them to clear the download queue to see if that works a second time but I can't face all that rigmarole again. After redownloading my library so many times last time I live in horror of needing to do it yet again. Takes me a week every time.

I miss the old days, when I could view and manage the queue for myself on amazon.co.uk.
R Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:49 PM   #24
Paperbackstash
Wizard

So it sounds like our issue returned about the same time. As far as I'm aware, nothing special happened in early January that should cause any changes. Irritating.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:03 PM   #25
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
So it sounds like our issue returned about the same time. As far as I'm aware, nothing special happened in early January that should cause any changes. Irritating.
And I have been having the same issue once again of late. Over the last two years or so, I have had the issue more often that not, whether on the Oasis 2, PW4 or Oasis 3.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote