Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #16
wackywalt
wackywalt began at the beginning.

Device: jetBook Lite
Since seeing Ken's post, I've been using ePub as well. Seems to work better on the JBL than the others for me.
wackywalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #17
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Well this has got me thinking. Why epub? Other than the fact that it is becoming a standard of sort.

What does it do better than anything else?

.rtf or .txt I can open with no additional software needed on my windows PC.
Granted there is epub reader software out there. I just tried Azardi and found it pretty kludgy. Actually totally baffling for 10 min till I found a config file and manually told it where the library folder was. (which it "should" have created and set itself, but didn't)

So yes I'd love to hear why you prefer epub over anything else.
Also what software you use. And please don't say Calibre, because I've had even worse luck getting that to work correctly.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #18
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
FBReader for Windows would read ePUB quite easily for you.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #19
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
wow, what a difference....the first book I tried to read, was in PRC. Formatting was messed up. So using calibre I converted it to ePub, and what a difference! The formatting was perfect!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote