Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #1
EthanYi
EthanYi began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO aura one,Kindle paperwhite3
Kobo aura one can not be recognized in Mac os 10.12.5

Kobo aura one can not be recognized in Mac os 10.12.5, it does not appear on the desktop, but aura one will appear Connected and driving interface!But in the windows system can be properly identified!who knows how to solve this problem?
EthanYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:20 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanYi View Post
Kobo aura one can not be recognized in Mac os 10.12.5, it does not appear on the desktop, but aura one will appear Connected and driving interface!But in the windows system can be properly identified!who knows how to solve this problem?
One quick question is if you have the Finder preferences set to show external disks? If you have Calibre on your Mac, does it see the KA1?

I do know that my KA1 shows when connected to either a physical or virtual Mac running 10.12.5 so it can work.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #3
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
is it the same on all USB ports. Often mine doesn’t show on one but will show on the other.
Granted, in said case, it does not appear at all in the system, but who knows with Kobo
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:44 AM   #4
EthanYi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
One quick question is if you have the Finder preferences set to show external disks? If you have Calibre on your Mac, does it see the KA1?

I do know that my KA1 shows when connected to either a physical or virtual Mac running 10.12.5 so it can work.
I can restore the factory settings KA1, I can now see the disk, but the Mac can not see the ". Kobo" folder, you do not show it?
Old 07-18-2017, 07:14 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is an OSX setting you need to change to see folders that start with a dot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #6
EthanYi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There is an OSX setting you need to change to see folders that start with a dot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
ok,thanks!
Old 07-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #7
EthanYi

Terminal input command:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true
killall Finder

Solve the problem
Old 07-18-2017, 03:32 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Terminal input command:

killall Finder

Solve the problem
In Unix which is the ancestor of Linux, BSD and OSX, a file or directory starting with a . is considered as hidden.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:50 PM   #9
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Terminal input command:

killall Finder

Solve the problem
I'm new to Macs, what do I need to do? I have this problem.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:50 PM   #10
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
I'm new to Macs, what do I need to do? I have this problem.
I Googled a bit and figured this out. Thanks! It made my Calibre connect with my Kobo One
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote